Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

That comment is really classless and does you a real disservice.

Cue the riposte that you obviously were saying it in jest. 

Nope. It wasn't in jest. If RD had 'word' that Warne's job was safe, then how is it anything but 'a vote of confidence' from the owner?

Stop with the personal insults you won't make any worthwhile point like that. 😄

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope. It wasn't in jest. If RD had 'word' that Warne's job was safe, then how is it anything but 'a vote of confidence' from the owner?

Stop with the personal insults you won't make any worthwhile point like that. 😄

It's just really unfortunate thing to say and the way you put it across is almost gleeful.

If someone is going to lose their job then show a shred of decency please and not revel in it. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's just really unfortunate thing to say and the way you put it across is almost gleeful.

If someone is going to lose their job then show a shred of decency please and not revel in it. 

You are the one using a point that wasn't implied by me, you are just value signalling.

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

This must be wrong some poster were positive that we had fees to spend 

The tweet was misleading, all Warne said was a rehash of what’s been said before. Essentially that there was a budget with some limitations, that budget could have been used for fees but may not have gone as far as paying for the quality we wanted/needed, so it was used towards the free agent signings we made instead. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

What do you think is likely to happen with Warne then Tyler?

I don't know and to be honest I don't care now.

I made my point on the Exeter match thread, every subsequent game from now on that Warne doesn't win then he is being metaphorically moved further towards the exit door by some fans on here who will also give no credence to any games he does win as of course we should be beating teams like that at home.

15 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

This must be wrong some poster were positive that we had fees to spend 

It's the classic quantity over quality dilemma.

We could have brought players in for transfer fees but that would have used up all the kitty very quickly. 

Or we could have brought in a number of players on frees to bulk up the squad but none of them of a particularly high calibre.

In the end rightly or wrongly Warne chose the latter strategy 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Makes you wonder why all the other coaches/managers weren’t able to figure it out after his first, and certainly his second, promotion with Rotherham. Are we unlucky that they have only just cottoned on? 

When a method/style is churned out the same after 3 years, yes it then becomes easy to counter react. Yes you've hit it on the nail, Warne got lucky with Rotherham but after his 3 promotions in league one (followed by relegation), managers/coaches now have wised up to his one trip pony style of play and can nullify it.

1 hour ago, jono said:

Exactly ! And the Warne out brigade all moan about how bad our recruitment has been and how we, the mighty DCFC are picking up scraps. Yes .. we are/were.. because we couldn’t buy anything ! So quite frankly moaning about Warne’s attractiveness or ability in the market is in a word pathetic. .. We climbed out of a cess pit. This was our starting point and the moaning Minnie’s sit there saying why why why and it’s not fair or it’s not right or he’s a philistine or the football is rubbish. .. just remember the starting point ! 

And No .. I don’t think we’ve done as well as we might have, and yes there is considerable room for improvement, and yes again I can see our frailties and weaknesses but sacking the manager after a season in those circumstances, when we are sitting mid table and with what was at his disposal is plain stupid. 

Its got nothing to do with recruitment and I would argue against us picking up the scraps. Its about our style of play/tactics etc. To state what his at his disposal having been in charge for over a year. If he is a decent coach which could adapt style/tactics and play against league one dross, then we would pick up more points and be closer than the massive 13 points behind the current leaders and the 10 points behind 2nd spot which would get you automatic promotion. And lets not forget that gap in points is only come after a dozen games.

11th in League 1.  Is this the lowest we have ever been in our entire history?

If so, does PW really understand what that means, and just how humiliating it is for a club of this size?

We are not here because the team as it was under Rooney played badly, but for other reasons.  In purely footballing terms we should not be here, and yet we are struggling to escape.

This squad is theoretically one of the strongest in this league, and yet are clearly underperforming.

To struggle, and lose, against all these League 1 minnows is embarrassing frankly.  If PW understands this league so well, how come this keeps on happening?  Or is he, as Roy Hodgson was at Liverpool, a good manager but simply out of his depth?

IMO unless we pick up at least 4 points from the next 2 games and/or return to the top 10 during the next week then he is toast.

He has 2 games to save his job.

I like the guy, but maybe if he stopped being so damn nice, and cared a bit less about being popular in the dressing room, then we would see some better performances and results.