FA Cup 1st Round Draw.

WystonRam

Prem teams are about to agree a new deal with Sky and TNT that will give each team another £50 million per season. And here we are stood like Oliver Twist with our begging bowl after a bit of Papa Jon and 1st round cup money . That’s why you have to hand it to Wrexham that they have been able to break into the Prem’s TV  Monopoly.

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Fans of clubs like Stoke, WBA, Brum etc. won’t be looking at League One and seeing Derby as some sleeping giant here. They won’t give a crap.

And when Oxford see us on their fixture list, they probably just think ‘nice stadium to visit’ and that’s it.

I think that the facts would suggest that you're wrong.

Last season when we had MK in the division, I would say that the away following from the smaller clubs at PP vastly outnumbered that of stadium MK, which on a like for like basis, compares favourably with PP for away fans, in terms of both comfort and capacity.

Some of the smaller clubs away followings are multiplied several times when coming to PP and it's not just to see the ground, they're coming for the big match experience at a massive club with nearly 30,000 people there, for most small clubs this is a rare opportunity.

11 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I think that the facts would suggest that you're wrong.

Last season when we had MK in the division, I would say that the away following from the smaller clubs at PP vastly outnumbered that of stadium MK, which on a like for like basis, compares favourably with PP for away fans, in terms of both comfort and capacity.

Some of the smaller clubs away followings are multiplied several times when coming to PP and it's not just to see the ground, they're coming for the big match experience at a massive club with nearly 30,000 people there, for most small clubs this is a rare opportunity.

I think you will find it was revealed by an expert that our ground is comparable with the globe arena In Morecambe 🙄

15 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Big clubs yes, but not huge. 

I mean, when we were in the Championship a decade ago, who looking at League One and saw Sheffield United’s name and thought they were a huge standout in League One?

Fans of clubs like Stoke, WBA, Brum etc. won’t be looking at League One and seeing Derby as some sleeping giant here. They won’t give a crap.

And when Oxford see us on their fixture list, they probably just think ‘nice stadium to visit’ and that’s it.

Wrexham are a bigger pull but obviously not because of their history, fan base, quality of their players or stadium size. And I am referring to attracting an viewing audience when I saw bigger pull.

I agree. I'm not even sure we can call ourselves a sleeping giant anymore. Just probably a team that should be decent in the Championship with a shout (along with plenty of others) of promotion to the PL.

Nobody (outside Derby) thinks Derby should be a premier league team and neither should they as we have demonstrated in the last 15 years we don't deserve to be. We're getting around 24,000/25,000 home fans at the moment, and most of them committed before the season so they're counted whether they go or not. It's hardly extraordinary.    

In terms of TV FA Cup first round we're big enough to be considered, but not nailed on like we probably were last year coming off the back of relegation/administration/Rooney etc. 

I agree that for smaller teams, a visit to Pride Park is decent as its a big stadium, lots of people, and a great chance of getting a point or three. 

16 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I agree. I'm not even sure we can call ourselves a sleeping giant anymore. Just probably a team that should be decent in the Championship with a shout (along with plenty of others) of promotion to the PL.

Nobody (outside Derby) thinks Derby should be a premier league team and neither should they as we have demonstrated in the last 15 years we don't deserve to be. We're getting around 24,000/25,000 home fans at the moment, and most of them committed before the season so they're counted whether they go or not. It's hardly extraordinary.    

In terms of TV FA Cup first round we're big enough to be considered, but not nailed on like we probably were last year coming off the back of relegation/administration/Rooney etc. 

I agree that for smaller teams, a visit to Pride Park is decent as it’s a big stadium, lots of people, and a great chance of getting a point or three. 

As it has been stated many times, season tickets are not counted in the attendance if they don’t turn up, our average attendance of home fans only this season is 25,279.

You may not think this is extraordinary for a league one club but I can assure it is.

Derby are no bigger of a club than Stoke, QPR or Cardiff.

And if either of those were in the League One you wouldn’t batter an eyelid.

We may have a nice stadium compared to League One sides who float between League One and League Two.

But Pride Park is a Championship standard ground these days and it hasn’t seen competitive Premier League football for over 20 years.

Claiming Derby are a huge club is like John Fury claiming Tommy Fury is a legit world level boxer. Like a proud, deluded father.

Edited by Bris Vegas

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby are no bigger of a club than Stoke, QPR or Cardiff.

And if either of those were in the League One you wouldn’t batter an eyelid.

We may have a nice stadium compared to League One sides who float between League One and League Two.

But Pride Park is a Championship standard ground these days and it hasn’t seen competitive Premier League football for over 20 years.

Claiming Derby are a huge club is like John Fury claiming Tommy Fury is a legit world level boxer. Like a proud, deluded father.

Try further down stream, you might have more luck there 🎣 

38 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Try further down stream, you might have more luck there 🎣 

No denying Derby are a big club in League One standards. But we are on par with about 15 other Championship clubs.

We’re not huge or massive down here.

It’s not like Villa or Everton are in League One.

I don’t even think Sunderland were a massive League One club.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

No denying Derby are a big club in League One standards. But we are on par with about 15 other Championship clubs.

We’re not huge or massive down here.

It’s not like Villa or Everton are in League One.

I don’t even think Sunderland were a massive League One club.

Have you engaged Sunderland fans with that one, I’m sure they would be in complete agreement 😂