- Clough & McClaren

- Cocu & Rosenior

- Simpson & Powell

Nightmare combos (hopefully for no more than a bit of fun):

- Wee Billy & Jewell

- Pearson & Brown

- Warnock & Allardyce

- Rowett & Warne

I am not sure any of your dream teams would work. For a starter, by Clough I assume you mean Brian. I would imagine he would clash with McClaren, both have very strong personalities. Besides Brian is dead. 

55 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I am not sure any of your dream teams would work. For a starter, by Clough I assume you mean Brian. I would imagine he would clash with McClaren, both have very strong personalities. Besides Brian is dead. 

Duh.

There's been talk on the "Warne out" threads of possible alternative managers. Sometimes pairings are mentioned...

One such duo often mentioned reunites McClaren and Simpson. However, I think Mac and Nigel Clough would be an interesting pairing.

Sorry, I should have explained my intention in the original post but I thought it was obvious that it related to our current predicament. Obviously not.

Edited by IslandExile

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Duh.

There's been talk on the "Warne out" threads of possible alternative managers. Sometimes pairings are mentioned...

One such duo often mentioned reunites McClaren and Simpson. However, I think Mac and Nigel Clough would be an interesting pairing.

Sorry, I should have explained my intention in the original post but I thought it was obvious that it related to our current predicament. Obviously not.

If you read many of my replies on here. You will see most of them are fairly tongue in cheek. I try not to take life too seriously and often see the fun in things.  Having said that I wasn't actually sure which Clough you were alluding too. Clough junior might be good as head of recruitment as he unearthed a few gems

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

If you read many of my replies on here. You will see most of them are fairly tongue in cheek. I try not to take life too seriously and often see the fun in things.  Having said that I wasn't actually sure which Clough you were alluding too. Clough junior might be good as head of recruitment as he unearthed a few gems

Yeah, good recruitment from Nigel then good, attack minded coaching from mac3 = potential dream ticket.