v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Or bring in a gaffer who can elevate this squad of players to a sum that’s is more than its parts. 

You can't elevate poor transfer business. We lost our goals last season and we replaced we plan C and D standard strikers, replacing mcgoldrick should of been priority and it wasn't done. 

We lost our energy in the midfield in Knight, we haven't replaced him. The only bit of business we done right was the CB positions and wing backs, the rest has been wasted wages imo when we had for more important roles we needed filling to get to the next level and we didn't do it. 

Warnes fault unfortunately and it doesn't help that clowes let us know we have a "healthy budget" or something along those lines.

Just now, caymanram said:

No sugar coating this. We look lost . No cohesion . 
PW must be seriously worried . Early days, yes, but the ‘team’ is just not a team.

It’s not early days though is it? We were consistently awful from the Wycombe away game onwards last season and it’s just getting worse and worse.This is honestly the worst football I’ve seen from a Derby County team in years and it’s all down to Warne and his abject footballing philosophy. 

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

Where’s the foul there lol 

One of my most hated things in football, goalkeepers get a foul there 9 times out of 10 whatever level and it’s effin’ nonsense. Same thing happened for Fulham at the weekend. Protect the keeper is there’s an actual foul, let them suffer their mistake if it’s not, same as anyone else on the pitch 

40 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Fair enough if that's how you see it, I personally think Bradley should have scored from a corner and we've had plenty of opportunities from good crosses by Hourihane. Was a bit disappointed in Mendez-Laing's delivery from a good breakaway. We've not been amazing or even that good. But I wouldn't go near awful as a description. 

I have carefully considered your comments. We are worse than awful IMO. Need a big finish

1 minute ago, SecretDave said:

Warne needs to go back to the drawing board because this formation and method of play DOES NOT WORK. Need to come up with something that suits our squad of players better.

If he fails to realise this, then he will most probably be sacked by Christmas. 

Hoping Christmas comes early tbf. I have no patience for this. They look clueless and lost.

2 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

No hope, no clue, no chance - Warne will be sacked after Peterborough annihilate us on Saturday 

It’s Fleetwood at home on Saturday isn’t it? I’m meant to be coming up for it, might stay home and wash my beard instead (not a euphemism)

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, SK47 said:

You can't elevate poor transfer business. We lost our goals last season and we replaced we plan C and D standard strikers, replacing mcgoldrick should of been priority and it wasn't done. 

We lost our energy in the midfield in Knight, we haven't replaced him. The only bit of business we done right was the CB positions and wing backs, the rest has been wasted wages imo when we had for more important roles we needed filling to get to the next level and we didn't do it. 

Warnes fault unfortunately and it doesn't help that clowes let us know we have a "healthy budget" or something along those lines.

Washington, Waghorn and Collins would score - not McGoldrick numbers but steady numbers. They just need someone who wants them to play football not whatever this dogahit is 

I have a little different take on our defence, I know they are not great but they dont have any protection, its coming straight back at them half the time with the midfield bypassed, we have no real strikers to hold the ball up, no link between mid & attack.

To me, you dont have to defend if you are attacking, we just dont have that attacking talent up front or in the middle... yet.

How much longer are we going to make excuses for the manager? Has it not become blatantly apparent that he’s in over his head?

He doesn’t need more windows, he needs to get the best out of what he has which he obviously isn’t doing.