v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I suspect Clowes can stomach a run of bad results, but if the performance is as bad as it sounds that is far more concerning.

exactly and this is my main issue. i can take losing but we need to see a vision & strategy, we just dont have any

I have an opinion now. Warnes Rotherham teams were 11 poor players, their only option was to run like stink to compete. Work harder, run run run, get results.

There's no need to do that with better players. Warne has to learn how to manage and play with talent.

I'm usually such a massive cheerleader for whoever our manager is. I even thought Paul Jewell was the man to rebuild us. I'm starting to think this job is too big for Warne. Even if we steal a 2-1 win somehow, this is Oxford United. We should be competing with them from minute one.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with 5 at the back. Plenty of the best teams in the world use it. Our specific set up is the issue. I get there’s goals to be had from out wide but it’s all we’re doing. These no clear pattern of play in the middle of the park. No pattern of transition from defence to midfield and midfield to attack. Which is why we keep giving the ball away. 

I'm sure we'll revisit this after the match no matter how this one pans out but I think the majority on here preferred a traditional four at the back. Personally I'd like 4-2-3-1 with Bird and Thompson (or Smith) as the two with Hourihane central in the three with proper wide attackers either side of him (NML, Barkz, Ward, Washington etc).