Sam Cosgrove

DCFC1388

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Us and a few others (Blackpool, Barnsley, Charlton & Oxford) all in for Cosgrove according to Nixon

Well he's OK but we've been linked with better and we've already got better IMO

28 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We have two strikers capable of 10-15 goals a season? So why add another?

Not quite sure I understand the logic here 🤣🤣

There is some logic -  They're only capable of 10-15 goals if they're actually on the pitch for enough minutes to get them. You can't play all three of them at once, and even if you could there are only so many goalscoring opportunities to share around - a chance provided for one player means a chance denied for another.

I shouldn't think that's too difficult a concept to grasp tbh.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We need another striker if injuries hit surely 🤔

You could say that about more than just the strikeforce. It all depends on the budget.

We're short of anyone in midfield to shield the defence and win some battles. We're still too reliant on the paucity of quality from the frontline of our opposition rather than our own defensive qualities keeping them at bay. 

If you've used your budget to bring in someone to cover for Collins, Waghorn & Washington on an 'in case of injuries' basis, what happens if Korey Smith (our only player 'sort of'' doing the above job) gets injured, for example?

8 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

You could say that about more than just the strikeforce. It all depends on the budget.

We're short of anyone in midfield to shield the defence and win some battles. We're still too reliant on the paucity of quality from the frontline of our opposition rather than our own defensive qualities keeping them at bay. 

If you've used your budget to bring in someone to cover for Collins, Waghorn & Washington on an 'in case of injuries' basis, what happens if Korey Smith (our only player 'sort of'' doing the above job) gets injured, for example?

Perhaps that is why Warne is saying he needs 2 players 🤔

Cosgrove is no better than what we have, at best he’s competitive with Washington, Wags and Collins. He’s almost exactly the same type of striker too.

I’m not convinced he is one we will be looking at, similar to the Sharp talk, if you just listen to Warne and what he wants then it’s obviously not these boys. I think any player we sign upfront will be quick, above all else.