Tomorrow's the big day. Glass half full, or half empty?

My only wish and view is that we don’t judge what’s going to happen over the season by the results in the first 6 games. Not only is it a tough string of matches but it will take time for the new players to properly bed-in in a real match scenario .

Let’s all stick together for what will be a marathon of a season …

COYR !

On 03/08/2023 at 15:36, oodledoodle said:

We're winning every game this season without conceding a goal. Wildsmith top scorer. Warne to sign himself and play up front. You heard it here first.

Ridiculous! surely not a serious post.  Warne's a midfielder! the rest is spot on though. COYR! 

8 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Well didnt he score three and have one disallowed in the closed match? it may have been against an under 10s team but suggests some level of fitness. 

I think he’ll be on the bench but he’s got great mobility and will drag defenders out of position and others will benefit in terms of space created. 

I am generally a glass half empty sort  of chap, but I am feeling quite optimistic.  I think that Collins will perform better this year and be more of a “Jonny on the spot” for us due to better crossing into the box, and better quality corners, which in the past few seasons we have rarely scored from.  I think our defence will be solid once they read each other which will come with match time.

Whilst last season I was happy enough with a mid-table finish, this term I will be disappointed if we don’t get promotion…

its so unkown. i guess we will find out later today what stage we are at but we have lost a lot of key players this summer and replaced them with players on paper that are not better - and this is a team that finished 7th

but as we know football isnt played on paper and in my opinion the league as a whole is significantly weaker meaning we may just need to stand still to improve next season