A new era, a new identity!

loweman2

As part of the launch of Derby County’s recently-launched Identity project, unveiled in line with the one-year takeover of the club by Clowes Developments (UK) Ltd in July myself within @RamsHeritage trust have the task of providing the six kits for the display.
Come on down to Pride Park on Friday and you’ll learn more about Derby County Football Club’s Identity colour palette, based on kits take from key eras of its history, along with seeing the brand new tunnel area at Pride Park Stadium.
#dcfcfans @dcfcofficial

IMG_1082.jpeg

IMG_1083.jpeg

IMG_1081.jpeg

IMG_1077.jpeg

IMG_1073.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1075.jpeg

IMG_1078.jpeg

IMG_1076.jpeg

IMG_1079.jpeg

IMG_1080.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Really love this whole thing @loweman2 and that Mr Clowes is buying in to the history which is so so important to a Club of our stature. Will do my mostest to get along to see on Friday - work willing. 

its great isnt it, something that you and i have been keen on for a while, always important to remember where we came from, a few who dont understand and think its something new but its just a little bit of history repeating itself !!

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I got my hopes up that @Red_Dawn had come out and now identifies as a Derby fan.

It's OK Dawnie, come to the light, there's nothing but love, companionship, community and redemption for those who turn their backs on the heathen forest ways.

And now we’ve got a bit of red on the kit, just to break him in easy. 

8 hours ago, loweman2 said:

its great isnt it, something that you and i have been keen on for a while, always important to remember where we came from, a few who dont understand and think its something new but its just a little bit of history repeating itself !!

You’ll be the man with the answers I’m sure. I live a bit of corporate identity, and I get very annoyed when people use the wrong hexicode or Pantone shade on a carefully planned colour scheme. I love this colour scheme and the thought that’s gone into it.

so when it was announced before the kits, I naturally assumed that the home kit might have a bit of gold piping, and the away and third kits would also incorporate the colours.

So it was weird to see the home kit come out a few days later with red, which I’m not against, but it’s not part of our now established identity. And the leaked away kits, although being blue and green, aren’t our specific shades of blue and green.

we’re the kits decided before these colours, and we can expect to see them in the kits next year? Or are these colours meant to be entirely separate from the kits?

I’ve always liked it when clubs have established home and away colours. We always seem to have away kits that sometimes pay homage to old kits, but are generally quite random. That maroon, for example, although it’s now part of our history, at the time it was quite random. Or the Argentina kit, a classic now, but again, was quite a random choice at the time.

im looking forward to us having an established colour palette for away and third kits. 

but then I’m quite ocd and always liked to stick rigidly to the paint by colours instructions. I don’t have much of an imagination for colours. 

14 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

You’ll be the man with the answers I’m sure. I live a bit of corporate identity, and I get very annoyed when people use the wrong hexicode or Pantone shade on a carefully planned colour scheme. I love this colour scheme and the thought that’s gone into it.

so when it was announced before the kits, I naturally assumed that the home kit might have a bit of gold piping, and the away and third kits would also incorporate the colours.

So it was weird to see the home kit come out a few days later with red, which I’m not against, but it’s not part of our now established identity. And the leaked away kits, although being blue and green, aren’t our specific shades of blue and green.

we’re the kits decided before these colours, and we can expect to see them in the kits next year? Or are these colours meant to be entirely separate from the kits?

I’ve always liked it when clubs have established home and away colours. We always seem to have away kits that sometimes pay homage to old kits, but are generally quite random. That maroon, for example, although it’s now part of our history, at the time it was quite random. Or the Argentina kit, a classic now, but again, was quite a random choice at the time.

im looking forward to us having an established colour palette for away and third kits. 

but then I’m quite ocd and always liked to stick rigidly to the paint by colours instructions. I don’t have much of an imagination for colours. 

morning Ted.

the kits are sorted believe it or not around this time of the year for the season after next so the kits we are seeing now were agreed upon this time last year, and the designs for next years kits are now being finalised, bearing in mind aswell that it will be 50 years since the 74/75 championship season.

the other thing that i have found out is that the club only really get a say in the home and away kit, the third kit is at the discretion of the supplier who thing that something may sell well to the more casual fan.

to be honest i love the red in the kits and we wore red and white before we wore balck and white, stevie bloomer scored many a goal for the rams in red and white, no away kits in those days just the one set of colours.

hope that explains a few things, if it was left to me i would maybe have had the 1888 colours in there but its good to see the club recognising our rich history and giving us our identity back !!! 

Spot on Phil.  The lad and I went down.  Saw Mr. Clowes, I wanted to shake his hand and say thank you.   But much as I wanted to he was in animated conversation with someone and I didn’t want to be rude…

Had a look at the pitch through the players tunnel, and it looks as good as could be.

Made me even more excited for tomorrow…

COYR!

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Very impressive, Phil. You and Andy have done a great job on this.

I met the young woman who submitted this quote, she was so excited to see her name up there opposite the players' changing rooms. 

Everyone I chatted to loved it.

20230804_174813.jpg

yes it seemed to go down well, good idea from the club to finally get round to using our history to our advantage, obviously due to the new ownership and where messrs Clowes & Pearce want to try and take the club with restoring our identity and getting us back to the top table, little things like this will help us to grow stronger, we the ones with one foot in the past are glad to help and encourage and its nice to be asked to be a part of it.

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

The display looked good, nice to see some familiar faces, still on for another hour or tomorrow as well before the match I believe.

putting our history into our future !😍

IMG_3031.jpeg

IMG_3032.jpeg

IMG_3047.jpeg

IMG_3048.jpeg

IMG_3049.jpeg

IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3052.jpeg

IMG_3051.jpeg

IMG_3045.jpeg

IMG_3046.jpeg

IMG_3034.jpeg

Great job Phil, looks really good. 

Btw, where do you get the bespoke flags made up that feature on each of the six colour exhibitions? I'm trying to get a flag made but curious to hear if there's somewhere better/cheaper.

All the best to you. Excellent work 👍

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Very impressive, Phil. You and Andy have done a great job on this.

I met the young woman who submitted this quote, she was so excited to see her name up there opposite the players' changing rooms. 

Everyone I chatted to loved it.

20230804_174813.jpg

Slight side note, but I know it's a bit fashionable amongst some Derby fans to lay into Pride Park, but it really shouldn't be.

I hear lots of comments about it being soulless and bland. I know many fans fondly remember the BBG as the greater stadium, but things like this quote should remind us what we have.

In the year 2023, Pride Park is starting to capture and conjure its own memories and is synonymous with a lot of club history both good and bad. The stadium is only as soulless and bland as you perceive it. Maybe it isn't unique looking and bears resemblance to a lot of modern stadiums, but it's about the club that plays in it and the fans that fill it every week, not the shape of the architecture, that gives it an identity.

We would do well to "take Pride" in Pride Park stadium. Let's not forget how we all felt when we thought we might have lost it, and remember that it is a big part of the reason the club was rescued (by a property development firm who's interest was in the stadium first and foremost, and the club later down the line!!)