mo55y's Prediction League updates, 2023/24 season.

mozza

Prediction League point scorers for league games, and occasional league tables will be posted in here ..

PREDICTION LEAGUE RULES

Every league game, I will start a thread on the 'Prediction League' page. I will go through the predictions you post  after each game and look for your prediction, and I'll attempt to keep a league table running.

It would help immensely if you could post the result in the following format

example :- Portsmouth 0 Derby 2 , Mendez-Laing FRGS

Points will be gained for the following correct predictions:

1 / For correctly nominating the winning team or a draw: +1 point
2 / For correctly nominating the first Rams goalscorer: +2 points
3 / For correctly predicting no Derby goals: +2 points ya miserable b'stards
4 / For correctly nominating the scoreline ,  ** with the teams the right way around ** , +2 points (so 3, including the point for predicting the winning team)

And no conditionals. No "If Sibley starts, then we'll win, but if he's on the bench we'll draw" stuff - pick a result and go for it.

A total of 5 points can be picked up per game.

I'll be looking at the last prediction you make in the thread. Only predictions made before kickoff will count, and if you go back and modify your prediction after kickoff, I'll not count it.

Just for fun and bragging rights , i'll attempt to make League Tables as i did last season , maybe not updating after every match but periodicly depending on how enthusiastic i become , all your predictions will be safely stored on my trusty fag packet  memory stick

**unless blatantly obvious , ie 2-0 Mendez-Laing FRGS , which will be allowed , even if Derby are away ** ..

Please try and avoid using players 'nicknames' as 'FRGS' as i may not recognise them. 

NEW PLAYERS  ALWAYS WELCOME AND  CAN JOIN IN THE FUN AT ANY TIME DURING THE SEASON 

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Oh, it feels like the season is really upon us now. 👍

Rams 3 - 1 Wigan

FRGS Mendez-Laing 

yep, sure does, wrong thread for predictions

12 minutes ago, Slaapwekkend P said:

Derby 3 Wigan 0 Wash FRGS

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/41723-v-wigan-h-predictions/?do=getNewComment

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Prediction League point scorers for league games, and occasional league tables will be posted in here ..

PREDICTION LEAGUE RULES

Every league game, I will start a thread on the 'Prediction League' page. I will go through the predictions you post  after each game and look for your prediction, and I'll attempt to keep a league table running.

4 / For correctly nominating the scoreline ,  ** with the teams the right way around ** , +2 points (so 3, including the point for predicting the winning team)

And no conditionals. No "If Sibley starts, then we'll win, but if he's on the bench we'll draw" stuff - pick a result and go for it.

I'll be looking at the last prediction you make in the thread. Only predictions made before kickoff will count, and if you go back and modify your prediction after kickoff, I'll not count it.

Just for fun and bragging rights , i'll attempt to make League Tables as i did last season , maybe not updating after every match but periodicly depending on how enthusiastic i become , all your predictions will be safely stored on my trusty fag packet  memory stick

**unless blatantly obvious , ie 2-0 Mendez-Laing FRGS , which will be allowed , even if Derby are away ** ..

Please try and avoid using players 'nicknames' as 'FRGS' as i may not recognise them. 

NEW PLAYERS  ALWAYS WELCOME AND  CAN JOIN IN THE FUN AT ANY TIME DURING THE SEASON 

Going in early on that one 😀

Respek to D' @mozza

Time//Effort//Appreciated, as they'd say on what3words... probably!  

bravo-applause.gif

To show my gratitude, I'm gonna take this mofo season a bit more seriously, me thinks.  No more fancy-dan scorelines for me, and my footballing knowledge will die or die twice by the sword!  🤣

#keepitreal
#nomorelandslides
#narrowmarginsmatter
#etcetc

After a mediocre season I decided to take a time out. Returning fresh and invigorated….. well ok that’s pushing it but I’ll find it difficult again not to be very biased towards us. Still I’m up for the challenge. 
Great effort @mozza
Working Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

6 hours ago, mozza said:

PREDICTION LEAGUE RULES

Thanks for stepping up again this season - much appreciated as usual!