Central midfield

jimbobram

I know the standard is lower but I've been keeping an eye on Annan Atheltic midfield player Frenchmam Benjamin Luissint, 24 strong, powerful and quick. 

Would be a gamble, wouldn't cost much possibly nothing , just signed for another season. 

54 minutes ago, falconram said:

I know the standard is lower but I've been keeping an eye on Annan Atheltic midfield player Frenchmam Benjamin Luissint, 24 strong, powerful and quick. 

Would be a gamble, wouldn't cost much possibly nothing , just signed for another season. 

That would be a massive jump, from being a squad player in the Scottish 3rd division where he started only 15 games and came off the bench in 20 last season.

1 hour ago, falconram said:

Absolutely no chance 

17 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I really like the look of Radcliffe, just seems to have something (to my eye), but definitely would like to see us get a centre midfielder on loan. It’s a position where a lot of teams are deep and you can get yourself a very good player on loan. Harvey White was a good footballer, but just seemed to s*** the bed at critical times - in terms of ability though he definitely had no problem playing at this level. Spurs have Alfie Devine who is 19 tomorrow and will no doubt be going out on loan. A very highly rated young player, a decent all round midfielder who is a physical player. Championship clubs will probably be interested but he’s a player, without even looking too much into it, who we could offer a platform for as a first step into football.

And that's the problem, I'm not sure the middle of midfield in League 1 is anywhere a young player who's grown up at a PL club and never been tackled in his life should be learning his trade. White couldn't manage it, and it had nothing to do with his football ability. It took Dobbin over half a season to come good and get used to being kicked about. 

It's a big position, and I think I'd just prefer someone who has played more league football than a kid out of the reserves or youth setup who's never faced life in the middle of chaos and carnage.

1 hour ago, Yoxoram said:

Thanks for the info. I hadn't really looked into the story, I just assumed it was BS. Yes please at 2.5 million, although I doubt it would be anywhere near that unless Hull have stupid money to burn. If they had stupid money, then I'm sure they would be going for someone better than Bird.

Who do you think we’re going to replace him with for 2.5m? Current recruitment targets would indicate that free transfers in their thirties would be the preference.  If we can find ones that aren’t liars, that is.

10 hours ago, falconram said:

I know nothing about him but a quick and powerful box to box midfielder is exactly what we need in my opinion.

Was looking forward to the big kick off later, full of optimism, hope, and excitement.
Come on here for the first time, and now I can't get this vision out of my head of Cashin running around midfield like a nutter!

Dreading it now!  🤣

On 31/07/2023 at 22:12, northantsram said:

I do believe we are lacking a physical presence in midfield, someone with some pace and power that enjoys a tackle.

Our midfielders are all good players but a touch lightweight at times.

We need the daryll powell 2023 model

some scoff but hes exactly what we need.

him and vdl dominated that midfield area and gave the likes of simmo, willems and co the license to go play higher up where they did their best work

Edited by NottsRam77

I haven’t read this whole thread so apologies if im repeating anyone but are going to play 3 in midfield anyway? My understanding is he will play 5-2-3 

Likely be Hourihane and Bird with two 10s and Collins no?

8 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Was looking forward to the big kick off later, full of optimism, hope, and excitement.
Come on here for the first time, and now I can't get this vision out of my head of Cashin running around midfield like a nutter!

Dreading it now!  🤣

He's done it well so far