A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

3 hours ago, enachops said:

What a game! One of my most memorable despite the defeat. The C Stand and PopSide went wild when Saunders then Micklewhite scored. Gordon Durie pretty much ran the length of the pitch to score unchallenged. A crazy, crazy game. 

does anyone else get a gut-wrench when they watch these nostalgic videos? A stadium I can never attend again, players I can never enjoy watching live again, a standard of footballer for Derby I am unlikely to see again. In innocence and level playing-field financially that we will never experience again. 

It actually hurts me watching this, and I pine to be back in those days.

8 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

does anyone else get a gut-wrench when they watch these nostalgic videos? A stadium I can never attend again, players I can never enjoy watching live again, a standard of footballer for Derby I am unlikely to see again. In innocence and level playing-field financially that we will never experience again. 

It actually hurts me watching this, and I pine to be back in those days.

Imagine being 15 years old and you have just seen your team win a 2nd League title in 3 years and thinking your football watching life was always going to be this good ……….

19 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Bloody hell. Look at that team. Remind me, how long had it been since we'd won the league?

David Langan should have been playing in a League winning side. However, apart from Gerry Daly on his good days the rest were either past it or just not good enough (possibly excusing Steve Buckley from that honour due to his fantastic service to the club however at a lower level).