A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

25 minutes ago, admira said:

14. Year, opponents and memories please. 

2C85BBF3-A9EA-479B-BCF0-3C210E7BC35D.png

I'm thinking Liverpool at home and I've been doing terribly with the exact year, always one out. It was the last (home) game of the season in either 1998 or 1999. I'll go for... 1999?

9 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

March 13th 1999.

Ah, so not the last home game? Did we play them in a last home game of the season another year? We beat them 1-0 one year... maybe that was it and I've muddled up the two.

2 hours ago, jameso said:

Ah, so not the last home game? Did we play them in a last home game of the season another year? We beat them 1-0 one year... maybe that was it and I've muddled up the two.

That was the season before, Wanchope the scorer.

1 minute ago, admira said:

17. Year, opponents and memories. Final score was a 5-3 win but it was 0-0 at half time.

image.png.98f2b7c8dd167fc4a93a46bf238fcbe4.png

5-3 at home to West Brom in front of the cameras, Roy Mac was in charge (first game?), Andy Hunt (twice) and Bob Taylor scored for the Baggies.

I’d have said it was pre-Christmas in the 1993-94 season so I’ll go for 1993.

I'll add a further recollection: one of Simmo's was from close range and he ended up (standing) in the net. (I actually thought he got a pen too but apparently not from the info above).

WBA had made a comeback... possibly from 4-1 down to 4-3 before Simmo clinched it? I think it was actually 1-1 at one point too.