A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

4 hours ago, I DONT MIND said:

Agreed , Chris only scored one league goal for us and that was against Everton in the Premier League (the second league game at PP)

That game is here and I remember it well... except for the aggression! Quite different to 25+ years later! 

21 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I love the formations they come up with 

Yeah bit random. Shame the excellent old match archive from the DET isn't still about. It's hard to get accurate line ups (and scorers apparently) from what's available on-line.

41 minutes ago, admira said:

31. Year, opponents, memories.

image.png.5b95716c9b291a9f5b44ef3edc06e972.png

I think it's Huddersfield away, but as usual I'm struggling for the year. We had an iffy finish to one season (the one where we blew a place in the play-offs by losing to Reading 0-3 on the final day) and I think it's that one. Perhaps 2014?

EDIT: Oops - that was the play-off final wasn't it. So 2015?

Edited by jameso

3 minutes ago, admira said:

32. Year, opponents, memories. 1-0.

image.png.78c8385944fe538cb755d04b9f378308.png

Ah, too easy this one!

1-0 vs Newcastle, 2007.

Memories: a glorious season and the ecstasy of a 1-0 win... was followed by a year in the Premier League in which we were absolutely awful and this 1-0 win over Newcastle (who actually were one of two teams too bad to actually beat us at least once) provided fleeting respite from the torment!

4 minutes ago, jameso said:

Ah, too easy this one!

1-0 vs Newcastle, 2007.

Memories: a glorious season and the ecstasy of a 1-0 win... was followed by a year in the Premier League in which we were absolutely awful and this 1-0 win over Newcastle (who actually were one of two teams too bad to actually beat us at least once) provided fleeting respite from the torment!

Cracking goal to be fair 

It was live on Setanta Sports, which was new to showing PL football, we might have even been the first game they had? They missed the goal by showing a replay of something insignificant and surprisingly didn't last more than a season with the rights to show the games..