A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

11 minutes ago, admira said:

Hi. So here is my new daily challenge!

As the title says, just name the year (not the season) AND the opponents from the line-up, score, and scorer.

A nice easy one to start.

image.png.915063749955d5c3768d196f80a0570e.png

Ooh, I like it.

Home to Manchester United in the League Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg... we were between Jewell and Clough manager-wise so it must be the first-half of the season (seems early for a semi-final though) so I will say 2008 (?)

1 hour ago, jameso said:

Ooh, I like it.

Home to Manchester United in the League Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg... we were between Jewell and Clough manager-wise so it must be the first-half of the season (seems early for a semi-final though) so I will say 2008 (?)

Thanks for the generous 👏 @admira and @Reggie Greenwood but I checked my answer after I posted it and all I will say is that it could be improved upon! 🤣

8 minutes ago, jameso said:

Thanks for the generous 👏 @admira and @Reggie Greenwood but I checked my answer after I posted it and all I will say is that it could be improved upon! 🤣

8 minutes ago, jameso said:

Sorry yes I should’ve made it clear, you’re half right! 

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Great idea for the new game. Can’t wait to get the answer only to scroll down and see somebody else got it about 3 hours before me

You need to switch on 3 hours and 1 minute earlier my friend 😜

I'm just going to put a shameless plug to my football predictions competition on here, as some of you seem to enjoy my trivia posts.

https://www.cognitoforms.com/Footycomp/footycomp202324

Full details are in the Football chat forum. It only takes ten minutes to complete and already over 60 people have entered but I anticipate 100+ by deadline day (Saturday August 5th). I have several entries from DCFC fans and would love to have more.  Cheers 

14 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Leeds 1996-7 first game of the season

Specifically 1996 then 😉

Was thinking what a defensive set-up we had that day but of course Dailly would have been in midfield at that point; presumably C Powell LWB and Laursen (possibly Rowett) RWB, with Dailly and D Powell behind “Ace” on his debut. 

I think we followed it up with an away draw at Spurs in midweek, then lost an away game the following weekend (Villa?)

1 hour ago, jameso said:

Specifically 1996 then 😉

Was thinking what a defensive set-up we had that day but of course Dailly would have been in midfield at that point; presumably C Powell LWB and Laursen (possibly Rowett) RWB, with Dailly and D Powell behind “Ace” on his debut. 

I think we followed it up with an away draw at Spurs in midweek, then lost an away game the following weekend (Villa?)

Let's not forget Leeds got 3 that day

19 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Let's not forget Leeds got 3 that day

Note I didn't say an effective defensive set-up 🤣

Although to be fair, Leeds weren't a bad side (relatively speaking) in those days!