Omari Kellyman

Jubbs

Villa fans are waxing lyrical about him after he starred vs Newcastle yesterday, Emery praising him calling him brilliant. His shot saved onto the post set up their third goal too. 

One that you could tell was genuinely gutted to be leaving during the dark period for our club.

If they plan on loaning him out, I'd want him as the 10 we are looking for, incredible talent.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-newcastle-mcginn-tonali-27379229

I did miss their third goal so not sure about the shot that led to Villa's third, but in the last 35 minutes of the game I saw he seemed to do everything possible to stay away from the ball as much as possible. He must've touched the ball less than 10 times in total. 

It's great for him to be there and amongst the first team, but definitely seemed to want to stay away from doing anything wrong. Can't blame him too much - huge crowd there and was a good quality game. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I did miss their third goal so not sure about the shot that led to Villa's third, but in the last 35 minutes of the game I saw he seemed to do everything possible to stay away from the ball as much as possible. He must've touched the ball less than 10 times in total. 

It's great for him to be there and amongst the first team, but definitely seemed to want to stay away from doing anything wrong. Can't blame him too much - huge crowd there and was a good quality game. 

Tbh I'm not sure as I didn't watch the game but all their fans were saying how good he was on the ball so.

For me this still rankles more than any other element of the troubles endured by the club. The systematic dismantling of the academy and watching the Premier League clubs hoover up anyone they identify as having above average ability, often for absolute peanuts, only to claim that they are doing us a favour. They can all get in the f****** bin.

The worst thing is that most often, these kids are just dumped in 'cold-storage', or loaned out to smaller clubs for stupid fees. For all the dozens that the likes of Chelsea snare every year, very few ever get to play for the buying club. To me this encapsulates a deal of what is now rotten in our once beautiful game and this oversight committee, or whatever they are calling themselves, need to have this colossal imbalance high on their 'needs fixing' list. I won't be holding my breath.

11 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Villa fans are waxing lyrical about him after he starred vs Newcastle yesterday, Emery praising him calling him brilliant. His shot saved onto the post set up their third goal too. 

One that you could tell was genuinely gutted to be leaving during the dark period for our club.

If they plan on loaning him out, I'd want him as the 10 we are looking for, incredible talent.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-newcastle-mcginn-tonali-27379229

Another one of the Villa conveyor belt apparently.  Probably been here 10 years

• 1 month later...

£600k initial fee for an outstanding talent though...

Hopefully one of the clauses is a percentage of any sell on. If he establishes himself as a premier league player in the next couple of seasons, then he could be worth a lot of money. I imagine he will get opportunities in the Europa games this season, and with his performance last night as an indicator, he doesn't look out of place at all.

Was he the one who was upset that the admin sold him? I seem to recall a story about one of the youth players not wanting to leave.

15 minutes ago, roboto said:

£600k initial fee for an outstanding talent though...

Hopefully one of the clauses is a percentage of any sell on. If he establishes himself as a premier league player in the next couple of seasons, then he could be worth a lot of money. I imagine he will get opportunities in the Europa games this season, and with his performance last night as an indicator, he doesn't look out of place at all.

Was he the one who was upset that the admin sold him? I seem to recall a story about one of the youth players not wanting to leave.

Yes, still comes to our under 21 games.