All time Legendary Left-backs - Craig F Ranking?

Ellafella

He’s certainly the greatest left back we’ve had in my time watching - partly because he’s pretty much the only LB we’ve had! Remarkable longevity really, I was watching Craig Forsyth play when I was 13!

No-one else really come close. Most the other left backs we’ve had (Malone, Olsson etc) have all been largely s****.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s certainly the greatest left back we’ve had in my time watching - partly because he’s pretty much the only LB we’ve had! Remarkable longevity really, I was watching Craig Forsyth play when I was 13!

No-one else really come close. Most the other left backs we’ve had (Malone, Olsson etc) have all been largely s****.

Olsson worth a mention for the winner v the treetards 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Means you did get to see arguably England’s greatest ever left back in a Rams shirt though, despite his advanced years

35 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Means you did get to see arguably England’s greatest ever left back in a Rams shirt though, despite his advanced years

Indeed, that was quite surreal.

We’re talking about performances in a Rams shirt though, and while Cole was pretty solid, you could see he was on his last legs. Arguably the best LB to have graced the pitch at his best mind.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Indeed, that was quite surreal.

We’re talking about performances in a Rams shirt though, and while Cole was pretty solid, you could see he was on his last legs. Arguably the best LB to have graced the pitch at his best mind.

Ah yeah, agree, the stage Cole was at when he played for us his ability was well and truly waning. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Moxey! 
Did he do that well up front that folk have forgotten he started off as a rather adept left back, before Young Nigel saw the light? 
Poor sod's not even had a mention!  👀

Because he was s**** for us

Quality at exeter and a nice bloke by all accounts though

11 hours ago, I DONT MIND said:

Going from 1967 onwards:

1. DAVID NISH (Criminal he only had 5 England Caps, but obviously his injuries played a big factor).

2. Micky Forsyth (Underrated by most 325 appearances with half of them in the top flight.)

3. John Robson (Would have been a fixture for years if we had not brought in Nish)

4. Chris Powell ( Good player and a great guy)

5. Craig Forsyth (Like namesake Micky you don't really miss him until he is not there)

6. Steve Buckley (One of the Trench crew that brought us back from the brink in 84, local lad too and his dog is written in Derby Folklore!!)

Thank goodness someone can remember John Robson (RIP) from the Sir Brian days.  Tackled far above his size as a teenager , and I recall a 30 yard screamer into the Osmaston End net. Perhaps someone on here can remember who it was against? 

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Richard Jackson is one of those hardly anybody will remember but he was solid for a season under George Burley.

Jay McEverly made him look like Maldini.

Jackson was a right back and a bit of a dick off the pitch.

Micky Forsyth - had forgot about him. Loved him back in the day, a proper grafter.

Chrissy Powell wins it for for me. Olsson and Dorigo get honourable mentions.

Fozzy - in the top 6 for me I'd say. 

7 minutes ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Thank goodness someone can remember John Robson (RIP) from the Sir Brian days.  Tackled far above his size as a teenager , and I recall a 30 yard screamer into the Osmaston End net. Perhaps someone on here can remember who it was against? 

He scored away at Forest from outside the box in our 71/72 championship winning season that makes him a legend by itself 

13 hours ago, Carnero said:

As a child of the 80s I have to only go on the players I've seen live:

1. C Powell

2= C Forsyth

2= M Forsyth

4. Meh, much of a muchness!

Erm …. -ashley cole cough cough 

granted end of career but still dicks on all the others for quality.

with exception of chris powell

tony dorigo too…. Much better than both forsyths