Saudi Retirement Home

Day

18 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

I hope this backfires.  However many famous players they get, surely nobody will ever give a damn about the Saudi league.

The Saudis are chucking money around like confetti on a windy day and there's enough sportsmen to pick it up, Fans outside of the Arab world wouldn't give a monkeys...yet!

1 hour ago, Bessie1 said:
1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

I hope this backfires.  However many famous players they get, surely nobody will ever give a damn about the Saudi league.

This may be an explaination, stolen from the comments rather than my own idea

"Al Hilal’s owners also own …..Newcastle. Neves wanted to play in Champions League….cheap loan from AH to NUFC to help NUFC get round FFP, with AH paying most of the wages and no loan fee??? Cynical? Me? Suspicious? Me? Damn right!"

3 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

"Al Hilal’s owners also own …..Newcastle. Neves wanted to play in Champions League….cheap loan from AH to NUFC to help NUFC get round FFP, with AH paying most of the wages and no loan fee??? Cynical? Me? Suspicious? Me? Damn right!"

Good call...👍

6 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

It's terrible how this genuinely seems like a great possibility, man what has football become 

On 13/06/2023 at 03:07, Bris Vegas said:

How cynical are you lot? Steven Gerrard is clearly going there because of Etrifaq’s illustrious history, huge and passionate fanbase and to challenge in the Champions League.

And human rights standard bearer... Flogging and decapitation at half time. That's show biz baby, sponsored by Aramco.

5 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

It’s interesting to hear how Gary Cook (remember him) is running the show out there and utilising his contacts book!

How long before Wazza is out there??

Didn't he introduce/advise Chris crypto crook to MM for the protracted sale of our great club?

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Didn't he introduce/advise Chris crypto crook to MM for the protracted sale of our great club?

Yep that’s the fella, I’m sure his and Wayne’s paths will have crossed more often than not during those days.

Another one of the footballing world that seems to fail upwards 🤷🏻🤦🏻‍♂️

On 06/06/2023 at 16:15, David said:

Ronaldo, Benzema over there, Kante set to join them, Alexis Sanchez and Zaha said to be in talks.

Big money moves as well, can't blame them I guess, however until Asia can come up with an equivalent to the Champions League, they will find it hard to establish it as a top 5 league...despite what Ronaldo thinks.

Just ask the Chinese clubs.

Realistically, how long is it before Saudi buy their way into the Champions League?

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Just seen this, thought JL signed for The Treetards instead of West Ham because they were closer to Manchester and “it wasn’t fir the money” honest Gov 🤔😱😂😂😂😂

IMG_1812.jpeg

Breaking News

Also not ruling out...Albania, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Armenia, Guinee, Columbia, Paraguay, Saint Helena, Sudan, Sri Lanka, Pit Cairn Island, Outer Mongolia, Inner Mongolia, Falkland Islands, Galapagos Island and last but not least...Treasure Island.

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Realistically, how long is it before Saudi buy their way into the Champions League?

They have to be affiliated to UEFA 1st, Then Israel will try and block there application as they are enemies   

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Exactly, they’ve already bought FIFA and all their leaders within the organisation. We all know they will get the 2030 World Cup too.

Next move Champions League it’s as simple as that “Money Talks!”