Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

7 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

There getting £7M for Dara O’Shea!

On that basis we are getting royally shafted 

They are at a higher level than we are in the leagues, he has a longer contract, he is their club captain, Burnley are a premier league club.
It’s not as simple as we think Knight is worth more than him

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

They are at a higher level than we are in the leagues, he has a longer contract, he is their club captain, Burnley are a premier league club.
It’s not as simple as we think Knight is worth more than him

Speaking to a West Brom fan mate and he's expecting them to go the way of us at this rate. He sees that transfer as akin to us selling Bogle (and Lowe)

16 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’ll match him for patience. I read through your entire post (it was a lengthy one even by your hefty standards) where you predicted that Sibley might replace McGoldrick as our goalscorer in chief. All of it. And I didn’t once fall off my chair laughing. (Nor did I laugh when you weightily predicted that Clowes would sell some of his shares in the club within weeks of purchase.) I could go on. Keep them coming; and, please, more semi colons. 

True to form, neither thing actually happened though did it Kev? Why do you continually post stuff that nobody's ever said? I mean it's nice that I'm in lofty company with Knighty being another of your victims, but the truth is I asked whether Sibley might be an able replacement, I did not state that he would be. As for the claim that I posted about Clowes selling shares in the club, well that is utter garbage, even by your lowly standards. That was another poster old boy! Do at tleast try and keep up!

That said, by all means quote the two posts in question to prove your point. I won't hold my breath.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

True to form, neither thing actually happened though did it Kev? Why do you continually post stuff that nobody's ever said? I mean it's nice that I'm in lofty company with Knighty being another of your victims, but the truth is I asked whether Sibley might be an able replacement, I did not state that he would be. As for the claim that I posted about Clowes selling shares in the club, well that is utter garbage, even by your lowly standards. That was another poster old boy! Do at tleast try and keep up!

That said, by all means quote the two posts in question to prove your point. I won't hold my breath.

No, I don’t think you were asking a question about Sibley; I think you were playing to the gallery. Sadly, the simple answer to the question you now ask about him is: no.     Didn’t you know that already ? 

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

No, I don’t think you were asking a question about Sibley; I think you were playing to the gallery. Sadly, the simple answer to the question you now ask about him is: no.     Didn’t you know that already ? 

It's not my fault you made yourself look dim, that was all your own work.

All I did was laugh.

Quite a lot, actually. 

4 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Honestly don’t see where Knight would fit into this team if he stayed. The wingbacks we’ve signed are clearly coming in to play most if not all games. 

Midfield is stacked with Bird, Hourihane, Smith, Sibley if no one else comes in or none of the academy lads step up. 

Could he be any good as a wide forward/winger over NML? He’s not really got the finishing to play forward. 

Honestly in this league 2-3 million would rebuild our front line with some quality long term strikers. It’s a bit of a no brainer.

Above any of these 

34 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Above any of these 

Probably right. Presumably we're looking at 3 in midfield (even if one is in a more advanced position than the others) and at present I don't think anyone else on that list has the required hustle for a Warne team of harriers/pressers.

17 minutes ago, jameso said:

Probably right. Presumably we're looking at 3 in midfield (even if one is in a more advanced position than the others) and at present I don't think anyone else on that list has the required hustle for a Warne team of harriers/pressers.

More likely only 2 in midfield. 1 CF with two supporting players

11 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we don't accept a bid then he's got no choice really. 

I suspect him staying or going depends on what Warne wants to do in the transfer market. If he's got a couple of strikers lined up that require a chunky fee for example, and selling Knight gets them in then we'll cash in.

I think it is what both of them want.

If he wants to leave, we would be mad to turn down c£2m for him in demotivated phase.  That could bring in a good striker, or pay higher wages to one who is available.  

On 22/06/2023 at 11:30, Ambitious said:

Financially, it’s the best move for him by some distance.

football-wise I’d say Stoke will be good for him, style of football that suits him and he has a good chance of starting. Financially for us, and for him, a late bid from a bottom third Pl team would be best. But unlikely to happen now I guess 

I commented this on one of the FB fans groups when someone claimed that £2m was nowhere near enough. Thought it worth a repost on here to see what people think.

If the rumoured 2-3m is true, then for me, that represents good business.

75ADEE8B-EA62-49D6-BC62-1A35E707D449.jpeg

Just now, Dan_Ram said:

I commented this on one of the FB fans groups when someone claimed that £2m was nowhere near enough. Thought it worth a repost on here to see what people think.

Beyond the fact they're both League 1 players, none of that is relevant or comparable.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Beyond the fact they're both League 1 players, none of that is relevant or comparable.

Knight & Twine? Almost the same age, similar position, target for championship clubs, fee comparison this year Vs last year so no massive inflation. What makes it irrelevant out of interest? Can you elaborate.

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

football-wise I’d say Stoke will be good for him, style of football that suits him and he has a good chance of starting. Financially for us, and for him, a late bid from a bottom third Pl team would be best. But unlikely to happen now I guess 

It would be good for him if he intends spending the best bit of his career piddling round midtable championship for 4 years, getting no improvement, then finishing at Preston.  Painful as it is a move to Bristol may be better.  Two years of playing well and he'll get a move somewhere better as their players seem to get picked up.  He'd actually be better of here than Stoke, putting in a right shift for the season and getting us up. 

9 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Swindon, Newport, MK Dons, Waterford, Chippenham.

I'd say Knights got a better CV overall.