Favourite UK holiday resorts?

ziggyram59

17 hours ago, sage said:

North Yorks Coast/Moors, North West Wales and Dorset as regions,

Southwold and Wells next the Sea as resorts.

Calstock, Langton Matravers and Castleton as villages.

We’re off to NW Wales for the third consecutive year in September so I guess we must like it. Might give it a miss next year though and either return to the Lake District of give Northumberland a try.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We’re off to NW Wales for the third consecutive year in September so I guess we must like it. Might give it a miss next year though and either return to the Lake District of give Northumberland a try.

Where do you go?

I'm a fan of the Aberdovey/Barmouth/Harlech/Porthmadog/Criccieth/Abersoch stretch of coastline

25 minutes ago, sage said:

Where do you go?

I'm a fan of the Aberdovey/Barmouth/Harlech/Porthmadog/Criccieth/Abersoch stretch of coastline

I know all of those areas well having been area manager for North West and Mid Wales but we now stay in a cottage on a working farm near Abergele. I would hasten to add though that every day we head West towards Conwy, Caernarfon and Anglesey. 

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I know all of those areas well having been area manager for North West and Mid Wales but we now stay in a cottage on a working farm near Abergele. I would hasten to add though that every day we head West towards Conwy, Caernarfon and Anglesey. 

You are past Rhyl, It's all pretty good after there

Just returned from a week in Cornwall,it’s nice down there and there were Rams fans wherever we went,best one being a guy driving up the M5,having spotted my rams stickers on my car he starting belting out “Steve Bloomers watching” when the traffic was slow through his window

Excluding Gt Yarmouth anywhere on Norfolk or Suffolk coasts - its why we moved up here so can go when we like - nothing like going in the evening when everyone's on their way home if the tide's in for a late swim then fish and chips. For beautiful wide expanses of beach where you can walk and walk (minding the tides) Old Hunstanton (not Hunstanton), Brancaster, Holme and Holkham especially on a bleak winters day. 
Northumberland coast similarly beautiful plus Pembrokeshire, Lyme Regis

13 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Yes. many times as a kid.

More recently, took me grandkids through after a trip to Llandudno but kept the windows shut and drove quickly.

I went to the Derbyshire Miners Holiday Camp when i was 4. All kids 7 and above stayed in big dorms.

Like a public school for poor people.