Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Missed it what happened?

Received treatment and replaced by a sub. Rather than make his way to the bench he tried to make a quick run down the tunnel. And didn't manage that very well.

Just now, Rampant said:

Received treatment and replaced by a sub. Rather than make his way to the bench he tried to make a quick run down the tunnel. And didn't manage that very well.

Ah bless him. That's gonna make him stronger, it's bound to be shared around on Watsapp. 😄

6 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Jack Thompson is one for the future. Just turned 17 and probably the best player again in the team. England international and looks a class above most players already. 3 or 4 years time he should be our number 2 minimum. Robinson looking sharp and exactly what we need in midfield right now 

I think he could be number 2 next season. 

Sadly I think a big team will come in for him 

Referee was an absolute disgrace. Shocking. Ruined it.

First red was soft, barely even touched him and he was offside.
2nd red I have absolutely no idea what it was for?

Completely random free kicks all game for the softest touches then someone would be very obviously pushed over then not give it.

Bardell shot was well over the line, could tell from the normal angle, nevermind from the sideline. 

Fapetu sent off for coming onto the pitch before 30 seconds after an injury.
That is the job of the fourth official and the referee between themselves to control that, instead, the fourth official just seemingly let him come back onto the pitch without really trying to stop him.

Edited by Jubbs

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

What happened to the FB Gill? Is injured or have I made him up? 😄

How old is the CB pairing they look useful?

Gill is a 1st year scholar and hasn't played for the U21s yet. I expect he'll start to get a bit of U21 action next season, with Moloney 1st choice and Gough being an option at LB and LW. It's why I also expect Jeffcott to go back to Arsenal at the end of his loan.

Bartley is 20, whilst KRobinson is 18 (2nd year scholar). There's also Cox, who has turned 18 today, but he has been out since November.