Season tickets on sale

Foreveram

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

3. The walk ups really only want the 'plum' games. Having a season ticket means you don't have to compete with the those people for those games

Are there "plum" games in league1, I'd have thought when DCFC play away those in some circumstances could be called a plum game for the home fans, Plum games will have a cash increase as as you say more people would want to see the likes of the big clubs in the EPL but surely not in league1.

Also having money and buying food you don't have to compete with the poor 😁

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

I get the argument that there are some fans who can only afford to go to a few games so therefore selling all tickets as season tickets would be unfair. However I think there are 3 points

1. I think if you want a season ticket you should be able to buy one(and see point 3 below)

2. If we can sell all seats as season tickets then still have walk ups the ground isn't big enough. The South stand in particular is over subscribed. that needs extending

3. The walk ups really only want the 'plum' games. Having a season ticket means you don't have to compete with the those people for those games

4. Expats. I live in the Netherlands. 10 years ago I could, for a Saturday game, fly in on the Friday morning, 2 nights hotel, match ticket, 3 days food and drink, travel from and to the airport and back home Sunday evening all for a mere £250. Fast forward to pre covid and the cost had gone up to £350. Last season it was up to £500 (did 5 home games) and the 2 away games I came back for (hospitality at FGR and Barnsley) cost closer to £800 a pop. It's not a question of "plum" games, it's a question of having the money and it not clashing with life over here. Looking at between 6 and 8 home games this season, one a month roughly. Quite sure there'll be a plum one in there somewhere but there'll also be a Wycombe/ Cheltenham/Fleetwood/Stevenage or two to compensate.

5. There'll be those with shift patterns that don't permit a season ticket as well or dependants for whom they care......

15 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

OK fair enough. There is a need to have some capacity available for walk ups. However as the stadium is not completely full each week, there is clearly enough. as I said I think they could usefully extend the South stand, I think demand outstrips supply there    

Well, yes, but is it really worth it?

The cost of extension would be high and we already have the seating capacity - the club might be of the view extension of other areas will canabalise sales - so we will have fewer in north stand than we do now, but higher numbers in south. 

The key question would be: does this bring in more customers in (i.e. those who will only sit in SS) or would those who miss out sit elsewhere?

I suspect the latter, so not worth the development cost.

The capitalist in me would say what we need to do is raise the price of the south stand, to obtain greater value (it is so popular, I think for the atmosphere it could be priced the same as west upper (which is more salubrious, but less raucous). 

Edited by CBX1985

25 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Well, yes, but is it really worth it?

The cost of extension would be high and we already have the seating capacity - the club might be of the view extension of other areas will canabalise sales - so we will have fewer in north stand than we do now, but higher numbers in south. 

The key question would be: does this bring in more customers in (i.e. those who will only sit in SS) or would those who miss out sit elsewhere?

I suspect the latter, so not worth the development cost.

The capitalist in me would say what we need to do is raise the price of the south stand, to obtain greater value (it is so popular, I think for the atmosphere it could be priced the same as west upper (which is more salubrious, but less raucous). 

You do realise the West upper is the same price as the West lower and also the same as the whole of the East stand and has been for a few years now.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

You do realise the West upper is the same price as the West lower and also the same as the whole of the East stand and has been for a few years now.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

South stand is oversubscribed; the North stand is undersubscribed.  Basic economic theory postulates that you increase pricing structure to moderate the demand in the oversubsribed part.  

I don't see the demand for an extension because we are not filling the stadium.  If the whole stadium was oversubscibed, you either a) raise all prices to maximise on price b) increase supply to meet the demand.

You do not increase supply in one part if it would canabalise the sales elsewhere.  That is a dead cost for the Club.

Edited by CBX1985

20 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

South stand is oversubscribed; the North stand is undersubscribed.  Basic economic theory postulates that you increase pricing structure to moderate the demand in the oversubsribed part.  

I don't see the demand for an extension because we are not filling the stadium.  If the whole stadium was oversubscibed, you either a) raise all prices to maximise on price b) increase supply to meet the demand.

You do not increase supply in one part if it would canabalise the sales elsewhere.  That is a dead cost for the Club.

Where we currently are, L1, there is no need to increase capacity. IMO, the same applies to the Championship. Get back to the PL amd I'd also leave it be for the 1st season, at least.

Should demand exceed availability, then there's a case to  up the capacity. I know that the infrastructure is physically in place to add another 11000 seats. The foundations are there and it's a case of putting the extra tier on. I know this as my cousin's husband was one of the site managers for the original build. The big question is, would 44K be too high a capacity or will crowds grow to fit the stadium?

Our owner owns a building company. I wonder who would get the contract? Would Clowes Development give the club a good discount?

The other question is, is the planning permission to expand, which was part of the original planning permission, still valid / been renewed or has it expired?

4 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Where we currently are, L1, there is no need to increase capacity. IMO, the same applies to the Championship. Get back to the PL amd I'd also leave it be for the 1st season, at least.

Should demand exceed availability, then there's a case to  up the capacity. I know that the infrastructure is physically in place to add another 11000 seats. The foundations are there and it's a case of putting the extra tier on. I know this as my cousin's husband was one of the site managers for the original build. The big question is, would 44K be too high a capacity or will crowds grow to fit the stadium?

Our owner owns a building company. I wonder who would get the contract? Would Clowes Development give the club a good discount?

The other question is, is the planning permission to expand, which was part of the original planning permission, still valid / been renewed or has it expired?

Para 1:  100% agree.

Para 2:  Correct.  A relatively simple matter of removing the roof cladding, juggling some steels around, adding a few more (steels), a couple o' bags o' new bolts, then replace the cladding.  Like a Giant Meccano set!
However, I'd strongly imagine it wouldn't have to be the complete "Horseshoe" (as it was referred to... certainly before the corners got filled in) to be done as a whole, in one go?  Maybe just extend one end... or both ends... or just The East Stand... etc?  Whether that would prove to be economical in the long run is another matter.

Para 3:  Clowes... and yes... I'd like to think! 

Para 4:  Good question... to which I have absolutely no idea!

🍻👍

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

Why single out West upper when the whole of the two stands are the same price.

At the supporters' club meeting, it was stated that the season ticket renewal rate was 88% which would suggest that around 2,400 season ticket holders have not yet renewed. If a majority of these do renew their tickets, we could be looking at well over 22,000 season ticket holders, especially after adding a few more new season ticket sales.

6 hours ago, MadAmster said:

4. Expats. I live in the Netherlands. 10 years ago I could, for a Saturday game, fly in on the Friday morning, 2 nights hotel, match ticket, 3 days food and drink, travel from and to the airport and back home Sunday evening all for a mere £250. Fast forward to pre covid and the cost had gone up to £350. Last season it was up to £500 (did 5 home games) and the 2 away games I came back for (hospitality at FGR and Barnsley) cost closer to £800 a pop. It's not a question of "plum" games, it's a question of having the money and it not clashing with life over here. Looking at between 6 and 8 home games this season, one a month roughly. Quite sure there'll be a plum one in there somewhere but there'll also be a Wycombe/ Cheltenham/Fleetwood/Stevenage or two to compensate.

5. There'll be those with shift patterns that don't permit a season ticket as well or dependants for whom they care......

Yep, I'm one of them with even higher costs geting over from Istanbul. Managed 4 home games and just 1 away last season. Will probably do about the same give or take this time around.

COYR

We can never be at capacity again this year as they are still not selling season tickets to new people in two or 3 of those East stand blocks still.

Possibly one of the reasons the south stand is over subscribed. 

Great numbers otherwise though. 

Massive respect to everyone who travels for the Rams home games. I spent nearly 20 years in a similar position but the efforts of @Inverurie Ram and @MadAmster to pick two are way above and beyond the call of duty.

I am though slightly disappointed that after two decades of an inferiority complex because I didn’t have a season ticket, I’m now not allowed to be smug 😂

And finally capitalists? You mean like the ones that have done such a fine job of running the country over the past five years? Here’s an idea. I’m not likely to move my 9 year old son and myself from the North (West) stand into the South Stand at any point regardless of capacity or pricing. How does that fit with your immutable laws of supply and demand? Thought so.

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Massive respect to everyone who travels for the Rams home games. I spent nearly 20 years in a similar position but the efforts of @Inverurie Ram and @MadAmster to pick two are way above and beyond the call of duty.

I am though slightly disappointed that after two decades of an inferiority complex because I didn’t have a season ticket, I’m now not allowed to be smug 😂

And finally capitalists? You mean like the ones that have done such a fine job of running the country over the past five years? Here’s an idea. I’m not likely to move my 9 year old son and myself from the North (West) stand into the South Stand at any point regardless of capacity or pricing. How does that fit with your immutable laws of supply and demand? Thought so.

Systems of economy have little to do with incompetents running them.  

Perfectly well.  My point was very simply that we are not going to increase capacity in south stand because it is over-subscribed, as there are plenty of other seats that do not need building.  That is knee jerk to put it mildly.  There are other methods that can be used to moderate.  I suspect the club will - perhaps sensibly - do nothing.  

1 hour ago, England Ram said:

We can never be at capacity again this year as they are still not selling season tickets to new people in two or 3 of those East stand blocks still.

Possibly one of the reasons the south stand is over subscribed. 

Great numbers otherwise though. 

As previously stated we can’t sell season tickets to capacity anyway, if all the existing tickets that are for sale are sold then those blocks along with block H in the West stand will be opened up as they were for the last home game last season. 
There is currently about 6,300 seats available.

16 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

No, because it is the young supporters, like my 16 year old son and his mates that want to get into the South stand. The ones that sing and do the bounce and get behind the team. They don't want to go in the North stand. Increase the size of the South stand and lower the prices in the North stand

16 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

No, because it is the young supporters, like my 16 year old son and his mates that want to get into the South stand. The ones that sing and do the bounce and get behind the team. They don't want to go in the North stand. Increase the size of the South stand and lower the prices in the North stand

What you say is true in so far as atmosphere, but there is only so much money to go around.  What you suggest would cost millions and bring nothing more in. That is my point.  

The club has clearly made the choice to allow SS to fill up (by selling the experience relatively cheaply).  They are not going to extend it whilst there are seats left unsold.  We would need to operate at 80% of sold capacity (i.e. having capacity for 80 seats where 100 could be sold) before any extension is nessassary.

Whilst Season Ticket sales are fantastic, we are nowhere near that.