Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Does anyone else actually expect us to sign anyone today?

I know Big Trav has said there will be two. 

But I'm not sure on what basis he has that from? Is it a guess?

Cos Warne said essentially we should have 5 in before pre season starts. Which I think is towards the end of next week?

So could just say there is two coming today quite easily cos there's a chance you could he right?

But then again Big Trav has also said we won't sign a permanent right back we want one on loan. Which is quite a bit of detail which could have only come from someone in the recruitment team or someone who knows someone there?

Fwiw when we haven't got a right back at all. Signing one on loan would be bizarre.

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Personally? No. But I also don't think there's anything in the Sonny Bradley stuff either.

I agree, just doesn't seem like something I could see happening, seems like we're just "thrown in the mix" for the sake of being "thrown in the mix" 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Cos Warne said essentially we should have 5 in before pre season starts. Which I think is towards the end of next week?

So could just say there is two coming today quite easily cos there's a chance you could he right?

But then again Big Trav has also said we won't sign a permanent right back we want one on loan. Which is quite a bit of detail which could have only come from someone in the recruitment team or someone who knows someone there?

Fwiw when we haven't got a right back at all. Signing one on loan would be bizarre.

Loans tend to be later in most cases due to deciding on squad numbers etc, so I would be surprised if a loan has been agreed at this point and, as you said, would be the first choice thing to do.

It's only logical that signings will have to come at some point this week. If we are signing 5 and pre-season is likely underway next week then has to kick off soon!

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I certainly hope we sign someone today lol, not sure about Big Trav's intel but it would make sense in terms of what Warne has said that a couple signings come through today or within the next few days. I'm not completely against signing a right back on loan despite not having one right now. If/when we promote it would be a lot easier to sign players next season that we feel more comfortable giving longer contracts to who are of better quality.

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I’ve seen little evidence of Big Trav’s various predictions ever being accurate and there’s never anything that backs up the supposed source of the information presented so am sceptical about most of their claims. I don’t think there are any real leaks from the club anymore, nor posters with inside info.

However, I am expecting to see some signings this week based on what Warne said regarding up to 5 new players by the time pre-season starts, so hopefully we get some news soon.

24 minutes ago, Srg said:

Personally? No. But I also don't think there's anything in the Sonny Bradley stuff either.

I agree, don’t think anything in the Bradley rumours..Warne said 10% might be true expect Names out of nowhere 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve seen little evidence of Big Trav’s various predictions ever being accurate and there’s never anything that backs up the supposed source of the information presented so am sceptical about most of their claims. I don’t think there are any real leaks from the club anymore, nor posters with inside info.

However, I am expecting to see some signings this week based on what Warne said regarding up to 5 new players by the time pre-season starts, so hopefully we get some news soon.

Yeah that's fair enough.

As far as I'm aware the players are back end of June?

Would make no sense at all for it to be on a Friday. So yeah you're probably right. Must be back in Monday/Tuesday next week?

5 minutes ago, Topram said:

I agree, don’t think anything in the Bradley rumours..Warne said 10% might be true expect Names out of nowhere 

Yeah the only thing with Bradley is he would fit the mould of what Warne wants and when he said we are trying to sign players who don't want to play in League One. I'd imagine Bradley fits into that category too.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah the only thing with Bradley is he would fit the mould of what Warne wants and when he said we are trying to sign players who don't want to play in League One. I'd imagine Bradley fits into that category too.

Doesn't fit the age profile. Will be 32 in September, and has had injury issues recently.

From what Paul Warne said in the interview it sounded like some players were done. The way Warne said he was told off camera he wasn't allowed to say anything.

Sounds like at least 1 was officially done, but the media team clearly want to keep up the good work from last season.

So, anytime this week I'd imagine.

55 minutes ago, Srg said:

Loans tend to be later in most cases due to deciding on squad numbers etc, so I would be surprised if a loan has been agreed at this point and, as you said, would be the first choice thing to do.

It's only logical that signings will have to come at some point this week. If we are signing 5 and pre-season is likely underway next week then has to kick off soon!

its already kicking off on here......