Summer Rumour Mill

sage

@Rev will be pleased to know I’m on the lash again with Trampie but alas there’s no astronaut.  No idea where she is.

But seeing as she’s not earwigging the unwashed oracle has been able to fill me in on the latest Rams goss down in Hooverville.

Apparently, Alfie May was shown round Moor Farm and Pride Park and all was going well until they got to the Pedigree suite.

At this point the jocular Warne joked that the 5’6” May would only be allowed shorts on club nights out.

Warne laughed. May didn’t.

Warne now thinks May has ‘short man syndrome’ and has refused to have anything more to do with him. Hence he’s off to Charlton.

Our resident actuary (insurance not pensions) is going to do his nut on this one!

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

@Rev will be pleased to know I’m on the lash again with Trampie but alas there’s no astronaut.  No idea where she is.

But seeing as she’s not earwigging the unwashed oracle has been able to fill me in on the latest Rams goss down in Hooverville.

Apparently, Alfie May was shown round Moor Farm and Pride Park and all was going well until they got to the Pedigree suite.

At this point the jocular Warne joked that the 5’6” May would only be allowed shorts on club nights out.

Warne now thinks May has ‘short man syndrome’ and has refused to have anything more to do with him. Hence he’s off to Charlton.

Our resident actuary (insurance not pensions) is going to do his nut on this one!

You raaaanng? 🤣

4 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Are you and Trampie utilising Drink banks?

Great for those who can’t afford Chateauneuf Du Pape.

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Are you and Trampie utilising Drink banks?

Great for those who can’t afford Chateauneuf Du Pape.

You’ve really got it all in Bristol haven’t you? Well jell.

Unfortunately I’m skint paying for all this cider so I’m currently trying to work out if petrol would be cheaper 🤔

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

think im at the other end of the career timeline to owd @Millenniumram. Qualified as FIA in 1993 so im a bit long in t'tooth.

in fact, actuarially i have a greater chance of being dead than living to see the end of this thread.........🤣

I actually worked with a lad around that time who had just finished at UCL and was going to become an actuary.

As there was practically no internet in those days I had to ask what the hell the job was. I seem to remember the big pull was a £45k salary when qualified. Which in the early nineties was massive.

On the other side it seemed so effing dull you could have doubled that salary and I still wouldn’t have been tempted 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

You’ve really got it all in Bristol haven’t you? Well jell.

Unfortunately I’m skint paying for all this cider so I’m currently trying to work out if petrol would be cheaper 🤔

It’s what swung the deal for Haydon Roberts 😊

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much do we reckon we'd get for compo if we keep Knighty for this season and then offer another contract but he signs for a.n.other club? Would it be around the same £1.5m?

Yeah I'd expect something in the range of £1.5-2m at a tribunal, the good news is that we have no real desperation to sell this summer and there are supposedly a few clubs interest so I think we should be looking at £2.5-3m to be fair to all parties, including Knight.