Summer Rumour Mill

sage

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Update on Knight, Luton, Burnley and Wolves interesed in the prem. Birmingham looking to buy both Bielik and Knight together 

Any potential fees mentioned?

Presume we’re just trying to drive it as high as we can. Pleasantly surprised by this, hopefully get a good fee for both.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Still don’t understand the Burnley link. He was originally linked there with Dyche. Kompany is there with an entirely different philosophy. There’s no chance he wants the same players Dyche would. 

Just regurgitating rumours on various sites me thinks. Take it all with one huge pinch of salt….a full pot of salt….

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Still don’t understand the Burnley link. He was originally linked there with Dyche. Kompany is there with an entirely different philosophy. There’s no chance he wants the same players Dyche would. 

Still the same scouting system?

Burnley had a consistent 3 starting CMs last season, opying to bring the 32 year old Gudmundsson on for the 33 year old Cork, and rareley using 5th choice Bastien. They're in the market for at least 1 CM this summer, more likely 2.

Knight would be a very good backup option to Brownhill. In the right system and better coaching, he'd improve considerably in front of goal, as per his 6 goals as a squad player in Cocu's first season.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Burnley had a consistent 3 starting CMs last season, opying to bring the 32 year old Gudmundsson on for the 33 year old Cork, and rareley using 5th choice Bastien. They're in the market for at least 1 CM this summer, more likely 2.

Knight would be a very good backup option to Brownhill. In the right system and better coaching, he'd improve considerably in front of goal, as per his 6 goals as a squad player in Cocu's first season.

Looking at the players they brought in, I doubt it. Mostly foreign using the Belgian knowledge and they play a patient passing game now too. 

I think Luton would be a poor option for Knight's progression.

Luton are essentially just a Warne team on steroids, so he'd just be stuck doing the same donkey work he's stuck doing here, but at a higher level.

He'd be playing in a team expected to lose near every game they play, playing alongside any players who realistically aren't much (if at all) 'better' than the ones he was playing with for us when we were in The Championship when he first broke through.

In all likelihood Luton's momentum has reached its peak, so within 2-3 years he'll find himself back at a middling Championship team having not had much chance to improve his all-round game.

They may suit his style, but to properly progress he needs to push the limits of his style and be put out of his comfort zone a bit - Luton won't provide that.

Edited by Kokosnuss

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Seems strange that his finishing deteriorated under Rooney's time in charge of the club.  

Personally I don't believe that finishing is something that can be coached. Some players just have that ability to be cool under pressure and find the net.  Sibleys got it.  Knight doesn't.

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I thought he’s quite similar to brownhill as well.

23 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I think Luton would be a poor option for Knight's progression.

Luton are essentially just a Warne team on steroids, so he'd just be stuck doing the same donkey work he's stuck doing here, but at a higher level.

He'd be playing in a team expected to lose near every game they play, playing alongside any players who realistically aren't much (if at all) 'better' than the ones he was playing with for us when we were in The Championship when he first broke through.

In all likelihood Luton's momentum has reached its peak, so within 2-3 years he'll find himself back at a middling Championship team having not had much chance to improve his all-round game.

They may suit his style, but to properly progress he needs to push the limits of his style and be put out of his comfort zone a bit - Luton won't provide that.

Out of the four teams, I actually think Luton would be best for his progression as he’d get the most minutes which is very important at his age, only Birmingham would give him more game time but I’d rather see him fighting for survival in the premier league against the best then fighting for survival in the champ with Birmingham.

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Update on Knight, Luton, Burnley and Wolves interesed in the prem. Birmingham looking to buy both Bielik and Knight together 

4 Premiership teams chasing Knight ? Leeds , Leicester and Southampton have some very good players . Even Norwich and Watford do. Players proven in in the Premiership and Knight is going to be chosen from Tier 3.  It takes some believing , but you never know.