Summer Rumour Mill

sage

24 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

My source didn’t say a definite I agree I like him but his wages would cripple us. I’d imagine slot of managers follow the situation of clubs like Wednesday new manager lots of new signings where might certain players fit and take a punt. 

personally I’d go for Moxon , Tunicliffe (free) or as a wild card Kyle Turner from Scottish championship plays for Partick thistle nine assists and 5 goals from CM /CAM 

Can’t see Carlisle letting Moxon go at this stage. He’s pretty crucial to their hopes and it would be late to be replacing him.

Tunnicliffe would be easier to get but not as mobile as some on here have pointed out.

I do feel that we need a midfielder who’s quicker than those we have already. We have some nice footballers but aren’t so great chasing back.

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Can’t see Carlisle letting Moxon go at this stage. He’s pretty crucial to their hopes and it would be late to be replacing him.

Tunnicliffe would be easier to get but not as mobile as some on here have pointed out.

I do feel that we need a midfielder who’s quicker than those we have already. We have some nice footballers but aren’t so great chasing back.

They'll let him go, but would cost something like £750k

37 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Bannan could be plausible if Bird goes. I expect Derby to be checking out the available options and making contingency plans.

This.

I think we made contact in case Bird went.

I can't see this happening with Bird and Hourihane in the team. It would smack of Tommy Docherty's 3 Van Goghs

15 minutes ago, sage said:

This.

I think we made contact in case Bird went.

I can't see this happening with Bird and Hourihane in the team. It would smack of Tommy Docherty's 3 Van Goghs

Unless it was Hourihane, Bird and Smith competing for the 2 CM spots, Bannan in a free role behind 2 CFs. Bird push further up and/or a switch to 1 CF when Bannan isn't playing.

Still seems unlikely to me.

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Unless it was Hourihane, Bird and Smith competing for the 2 CM spots, Bannan in a free role behind 2 CFs. Bird push further up and/or a switch to 1 CF when Bannan isn't playing.

Still seems unlikely to me.

Hmm. I think Bird, Bannan and maybe Hourihane are 8s not 10s. Bannan creates from a deeper position than 10.

I think Bird is only playing that high due to out squad deficiencies in that area. 

Warne has highlighted we need pace in CM. Not Bannan's forte.

10 minutes ago, sage said:

Hmm. I think Bird, Bannan and maybe Hourihane are 8s not 10s. Bannan creates from a deeper position than 10.

I think Bird is only playing that high due to out squad deficiencies in that area. 

Warne has highlighted we need pace in CM. Not Bannan's forte.

Last season, he was either played as the '10' in a 3412, or an '8' in a 352