Summer Rumour Mill

sage

31 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If we pack our team with older players who struggled in the championship, what do we do if we’re promoted?

Don’t we end up paying over the odds again because everyone knows we’re desperate?

Lets get there first Mel!

But we aren't under an EFL business plan and we are a bigger draw. The recruitment team will have had longer to settle in as well.

Just now, Blondest Goat said:

There's no chance he's going to Brighton.   He's nowhere near that level.  

As I said, large pinch of salt when it comes to Barry. However there are a couple of forum members backing up the idea, one of whom seemingly was “ITK” about Bradley. No idea myself if there’s any truth to it, but this thread is the rumour mill and it’s a rumour….a nasty unwelcome sceptical one, but a rumour nonetheless.
Warne mentioned in his interview there was interest in 3 or 4 players, not much comment about that amongst the fan base because of the comments on Knight probably leaving, but it’s realistic to think others may be sold. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

As I said, large pinch of salt when it comes to Barry. However there are a couple of forum members backing up the idea, one of whom seemingly was “ITK” about Bradley. No idea myself if there’s any truth to it, but this thread is the rumour mill and it’s a rumour….a nasty unwelcome sceptical one, but a rumour nonetheless.
Warne mentioned in his interview there was interest in 3 or 4 players, not much comment about that amongst the fan base because of the comments on Knight probably leaving, but it’s realistic to think others may be sold. 

Everyone was ITK about Bradley, even Nixon! 😄

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lets get there first Mel!

But we aren't under an EFL business plan and we are a bigger draw. The recruitment team will have had longer to settle in as well.

Yeah am happy to worry about the championship when we get there. Getting out of this league anyway possible must be the plan next season

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We don't need the money, does he want to go? If he's worth that now he'll be worth more next season and we have little quality defensive youth in the squad.

I personally would be very happy for him to stay for the next few years and think we'll sell Knight to generate the funds to help us improve the squad.Happy with the free transfer business so far but we'll need money to attract one or two marquee signings at this level and here's hoping Knights position gets resolved soon 

5 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Just spoke to my source, the club have had enquiries for Cash but nothing further than that. He’s just come back from surgery so it’d be a risk for most clubs 

What’s he had done BT? Will he be fit for start of pre season 

14 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Personally would lean towards taking £4m for cashin. Realistically he’s going to want to take any premier league move. Would be crazy not too.

if get £6m for knight and cashin, and then spent that on four players think would be in a much better position.

After very nearly being released by us before he broke into the first team I'm sure he knows very well on what side his bread is buttered.

He's not stupid or avaricious enough to follow the path of others and jump at the first opportunity or to believe he'll get game time at PL level IMO

Edited by Kokosnuss

10 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Potentially a proud day for the trialist family today

I love this.

I love the fact that clubs put them as trialists on the team sheet, keep other teams of the scent, yet the fans work out who they are from the warm ups after about 5 mins and its all over social media after about 6 mins.