Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

Others have said it but Jaden Brown as competition for Elder, then maybe Dennis Adeniran in midfield as a Knight replacement. Both free transfers, both potential that haven’t really fulfilled it. Another midfield option is that El Mizouni who was on loan at Orient last season. 

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Others have said it but Jaden Brown as competition for Elder, then maybe Dennis Adeniran in midfield as a Knight replacement. Both free transfers, both potential that haven’t really fulfilled it. Another midfield option is that El Mizouni who was on loan at Orient last season. 

Both would potentially be good squad players, Adeniran covered rwb for the Wendies a few times too I think. 

We could do with at least 3 more defenders, ideally with 1 covering 1 or 2 positions. Either a wingback who can play both sides or a centre back who can play wing back abit like Roberts last year. Some possible options who are free agents...

Maxime Colin (RB/LB) - 31

Ryan Nyambe (RB/CB) - 25

Wes Harding (RB/CB/LB) - 26

Tyler Blackett (LB/CB) - 29

Fankaty Dabo (RB/LB) - 27

Sam Byram (RB/LB) - 29

Harding would be perfect as he can play anywhere across the back 4 or 5.

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

We could do with at least 3 more defenders, ideally with 1 covering 1 or 2 positions. Either a wingback who can play both sides or a centre back who can play wing back abit like Roberts last year. Some possible options who are free agents...

Maxime Colin (RB/LB) - 31

Ryan Nyambe (RB/CB) - 25

Wes Harding (RB/CB/LB) - 26

Tyler Blackett (LB/CB) - 29

Fankaty Dabo (RB/LB) - 27

Sam Byram (RB/LB) - 29

Harding would be perfect as he can play anywhere across the back 4 or 5.

A few more....

Zak Vyner (CB/RB) - 26

Tomas Kalas (CB/RB) - 30

Liam Moore (CB/RB) - 30

Jack Robinson (LB/CB) - 29

Taylor Moore (CB/RB) - 25

Darnell Fisher (RB/LB) - 29

I am not too sure of any of the centre backs are capable of playing wing back or if its a standard full back.

13 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Is that code for they haven’t been that good so far in their careers? 😀

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Quality prem loans are often done later in the window (after season starts frequently) as they may depend on the prem teams own transfer dealings. I think we probably keep a slot open for one or two of these, but don’t bank on it. IE A Brucey bonus..

This is true. Also, a lot of the better younger players get released on loans etc quite late too. Lot of moving parts this window, especially with us needing most of a team. 

Can anyone tell me who the young lad at palace was who went on loan to charlton he had a double-barrelled name Saki or something. I think he looks decent scored 15-16 goals in a poor charlton side or the guy at Lincoln can’t remember his name .

as for loans I’d try Delap did not set the world alight in the championship but might need a league 1 loan or Morgan Whittaker perhaps the other one I quite like is mcauley Woodrow 

5 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Can anyone tell me who the young lad at palace was who went on loan to charlton he had a double-barrelled name Saki or something. I think he looks decent scored 15-16 goals in a poor charlton side or the guy at Lincoln can’t remember his name .

as for loans I’d try Delap did not set the world alight in the championship but might need a league 1 loan or Morgan Whittaker perhaps the other one I quite like is mcauley Woodrow 

Do you mean Rak-Sakyi at Charlton?

You’re going to have to give us a bit more of a clue regarding the Lincoln player. There are quite a few “guys” there. 😀

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Is that code for they haven’t been that good so far in their careers? 😀

Or not found the right home to fulfill their potential. Big squad at Wednesday. They’re 24 and 22 respectively both on free transfers, think they’d be worth a punt. Others have conmented Brown did well against us and could be good competition for Elder. 

26 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Or not found the right home to fulfill their potential. Big squad at Wednesday. They’re 24 and 22 respectively both on free transfers, think they’d be worth a punt. Others have conmented Brown did well against us and could be good competition for Elder. 

I know. I was being a tad facetious. We all know that unproven players can either soar or flop in a different environment. In fact, even tried and tested players offer no guarantee of future success.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

You’re going to have to give us a bit more of a clue regarding the Lincoln player. There are quite a few “guys” there. 😀

Hopefully not Jack Diamond given the reason for his loan at Lincoln being terminated and subsequent suspension by Sunderland.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Hopefully not Jack Diamond given the reason for his loan at Lincoln being terminated and subsequent suspension by Sunderland.

House I think his name is