Bristol Rovers (A) Sat 15th April

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

g help GIF

I don't think you’re ever going to win this argument! 🙂

I’m all too aware, just got to keep trying to encourage a little change in perspective.

I know Warne isn’t the greatest manager, I know he doesn’t play the prettiest style of football, but to keep banging the drum that our team on paper is the best in the league just ignores reality. We have some good players, they’re doing well to be in and around the play off places, we don’t have the right blend of players that Plymouth/Ipswich/Sheff Wed and others have been able to put together which is why they’re better than us and we are just about where we should be based on the squad we have paper and performances on the pitch, I don’t get why people can’t see or accept that 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Rewatch Monday’s game and you will see Smith sitting in midfield in front of the back 3 breaking up play and doing the simple stuff, then the front 6 passing and moving and creating chances. Hourihane and Barkhuizen combined down the left several times so it wasn’t all McGoldrick and NML as you say.

I genuinely believe that is in spite of the managers ideas otherwise where has it been? 

Patterns of play don’t just disappear because you’re out of form because they’re being drilled into you all week in training.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m all too aware, just got to keep trying to encourage a little change in perspective.

I know Warne isn’t the greatest manager, I know he doesn’t play the prettiest style of football, but to keep banging the drum that our team on paper is the best in the league just ignores reality. We have some good players, they’re doing well to be in and around the play off places, we don’t have the right blend of players that Plymouth/Ipswich/Sheff Wed and others have been able to put together which is why they’re better than us and we are just about where we should be based on the squad we have paper and performances on the pitch, I don’t get why people can’t see or accept that 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Preaching to the choir here!

Preach Amy Poehler GIF by Sisters

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

I genuinely believe that is in spite of the managers ideas otherwise where has it been? 

Patterns of play don’t just disappear because you’re out of form because they’re being drilled into you all week in training.

So when it works it’s the players not the management, when it doesn’t it’s the manager not the players? Come on 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

So when it works it’s the players not the management, when it doesn’t it’s the manager not the players? Come on 

When it works regularly and consistently it’s the manager 👍🏻 when it’s a dogshit sandwich regularly it’s the manager.