Derby County V MK Dons: Player Ratings

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline.

Wildsmith 

Hourihane

White

Cashin,

Barkhuizen

Sibley

Collins

Dobbin

McGoldrick,

Mendez-Laing,

Smith

Bird 🦅 

Roberts,

Rooney,

Knight

Wildsmith 6

Hourihane 7.5 (maybe his best performance for DCFC so far?)

White 6

Cashin 7.5 (hopefully now over his mini-slump; his usual strengths were all on show again)

Barkhuizen 5.5

Sibley 6

Collins 6.5

Dobbin 6

McGoldrick 6 (would be less than 6 for his performance but was in the right place to ensure we scored)

Mendez-Laing 7 (tailed off and some questionable decisions but caused them plenty of troubles)

Smith 6

Bird 6

Roberts 6.5 (a few more mistakes than in recent games but worked hard as always)

Rooney 6.5

Knight 6.5

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline.

Wildsmith -6

Hourihane-8 best performance so far for The Rams

White-6.5

Cashin,-8.5 back to his best

Barkhuizen-6.5

Sibley-6.5

Collins-6.5

Dobbin-6.5

McGoldrick-7.5

Mendez-Laing,-7 should of scored and defended better for their goal

Smith-7

Bird 🦅 -7 looked more his old self

Roberts,-7

Rooney,6.5

Knight-7 non stop performance                            at the game

33 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Not actually sure how I would score as many played very well up to a point but final ball, shots and decision making so woeful and that is forward players' job

I understand what you mean. There is a tendency for raters to give lower scores when the result is undesirable even though players may have played as well as when the team wins. That said, it’s totally up to you how you rate - if you feel many played well that suggests a score of at least 6 as that is average; if a particular player played less well, then score under 6. Personally I try not to let results impact individual scores generally because often it’s not individual players that are at fault. So hope that helps. 

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Wildsmith 6.5

Hourihane 7

White 6.5

Cashin 7

Barkhuizen 6

Sibley 6

Collins 6

Dobbin 6

McGoldrick 6

Mendez-Laing 6.5

Smith 6.5

Bird 🦅 6

Roberts 7

Rooney 6

Knight 6.5

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I understand what you mean. There is a tendency for raters to give lower scores when the result is undesirable even though players may have played as well as when the team wins. That said, it’s totally up to you how you rate - if you feel many played well that suggests a score of at least 6 as that is average; if a particular player played less well, then score under 6. Personally I try not to let results impact individual scores generally because often it’s not individual players that are at fault. So hope that helps. 

Conversely I think some players who (tend to) score end up getting better ratings than they deserve for their overall play! I am guilty of this in fact as I usually add a little something for a goal/assist, but on the whole it probably skews your data towards the likes of McGoldrick and… (who else scores goals? 🤔)