Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

5 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Eh? I am not in the know so stated what I understood the current situation to be. Angie said that might not be the case so I asked her if she had heard anything. Problem with that?

Yep, I think the Club are confident there will be some easing, based on our financial performance this season.

If we don't get any joy, even I will be joining in with the funky the EFL chants next year. 

24 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

If Haydon Roberts is out of contract I would target trying to sign him up.

Agreed. Think he's improved tremendously as he's played more football and he fills two positions that Warne likes to play - LCB and LWB. If he's available on a free with no compo then I imagine there will be more than just us in for him, let's hope he's enjoyed his time here enough.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

When does the transfer window open for next season? Better have something to look forward to. #COYR

June 10th I believe. Should be able to officially start negotiating with players who have expiring contracts soon as well, though I suspect some talks with agents will already have taken place. I’d really like to see us do some business early on in the window so the majority of the team can start pre-season together and build from there for our assault on league one.

4 minutes ago, alram said:

can anyone confirm are we out of the business plan this summer ( i have seen conflicting statements)

No. There’s been no official announcement from the club or the EFL so until that happens I would expect a reasonable amount of speculation and guesswork. Some may be in the know, it’s still best to wait on the official word I reckon. 

2 hours ago, alram said:

can anyone confirm are we out of the business plan this summer ( i have seen conflicting statements)

I read somewhere that a few weeks back, there had been dialogue between the club and EFL and any review would not take place until the season had finished and also which league Derby would be in. The Rams have made money this season and it was better than the expected business plan that was agreed between the club and the EFL. 

I feel the Business Plan will be reviewed and some restrictions will be altered, but we will have to wait and see. Hopefully the review is done ASAP, so the club can do some early recruitment.

4 hours ago, Kernow said:

Agreed. Think he's improved tremendously as he's played more football and he fills two positions that Warne likes to play - LCB and LWB. If he's available on a free with no compo then I imagine there will be more than just us in for him, let's hope he's enjoyed his time here enough.

Well said. He's young, hungry and a versatile player like comes across like a Paul Warne type of player. Roberts seems to have only got better as the season went on.

6 hours ago, angieram said:

Yep, I think the Club are confident there will be some easing, based on our financial performance this season.

If we don't get any joy, even I will be joining in with the funky the EFL chants next year. 

I already have done angie and I hate them for what they have done to us.

4 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

June 10th I believe. Should be able to officially start negotiating with players who have expiring contracts soon as well, though I suspect some talks with agents will already have taken place. I’d really like to see us do some business early on in the window so the majority of the team can start pre-season together and build from there for our assault on league one.

It’s a moot point, really.  We can sign players at any point, we just can’t register them to play.  However, as we have no games until next season, it doesn’t matter.

Anyone who is out of contract in the summer can negotiate and sign a pre-contract from last January.

49 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

It’s a moot point, really.  We can sign players at any point, we just can’t register them to play.  However, as we have no games until next season, it doesn’t matter.

Anyone who is out of contract in the summer can negotiate and sign a pre-contract from last January.

Anyone who isn’t playing football in the EFL or Premier League perhaps, there are strict rules about it within the EFL;

76.5  Subject to the provisions of Regulations 68 and 76.6 a Registered Player shall not directly or indirectly communicate with or approach another Club or any Official or Player of another Club with the object of negotiating or arranging the transfer of himself or another Player to such other Club during the currency of a contract. Any infringement of this Regulation shall render the Player concerned and any Club, Official or other Player who enters into communication or negotiation shall be guilty of misconduct.

76.6  Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 76.5, after the third Saturday in May in any year (or as determined by Regulations 68) and before the 1 July next following, a Contract Player to whom Regulation 76.2 applies or any person on his behalf may make such an approach to a Club (or club) with a view to negotiating a contract with such Club (or club).

Taken from the EFL site here https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/section-6---players/

Essentially I think it says we can’t approach players with expiring contracts until the third Saturday in May, which I make out to be the 20th. Players from Scotland and abroad (pending the appropriate work permits post Brexit) could be approached from January, not those registered in England.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

5 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Anyone who isn’t playing football in the EFL or Premier League perhaps, there are strict rules about it within the EFL;

76.5  Subject to the provisions of Regulations 68 and 76.6 a Registered Player shall not directly or indirectly communicate with or approach another Club or any Official or Player of another Club with the object of negotiating or arranging the transfer of himself or another Player to such other Club during the currency of a contract. Any infringement of this Regulation shall render the Player concerned and any Club, Official or other Player who enters into communication or negotiation shall be guilty of misconduct.

76.6  Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 76.5, after the third Saturday in May in any year (or as determined by Regulations 68) and before the 1 July next following, a Contract Player to whom Regulation 76.2 applies or any person on his behalf may make such an approach to a Club (or club) with a view to negotiating a contract with such Club (or club).

Taken from the EFL site here https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/section-6---players/

Essentially I think it says we can’t approach players with expiring contracts until the third Saturday in May, which I make out to be the 20th. Players from Scotland and abroad (pending the appropriate work permits post Brexit) could be approached from January, not those registered in England.

Yes, you’re right.  I was reading FIFA regulations, which state: "A club intending to conclude a contract with a professional must inform the player’s current club in writing before entering into negotiations with him.

"A professional shall only be free to conclude a contract with another club if his contract with his present club has expired or is due to expire within six months.

"Any breach of this provision shall be subject to appropriate sanctions."

However, the domestic rules are as you have pointed out.  Apologies.

18 hours ago, angieram said:

I let my 10 year old sing ‘Fudge’ the EFL 😁

Edited by norwichram
Additional comment