Peterborough United vs Derby County

cannable

7 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I'd go for the same. Also think Hourihane could flourish if he was encouraged to get forward more... he's got one of the best shots at the club.

Wouldn't even have Collins on the bench. Give big Bart or Dejaune Brown a call up and see how they get on instead.

Bart is out on loan I think…

Wildsmith.

Rooney*   Foz   Cash   Roberts

Smith

Bird                 Hourihane

Barks.          Didzy.          Dobbs.

Subs

McGee, Chester, Sibbo, White, Springett, Thomson, Davies

*PW won’t though!

Not sure NML is fully fit, so I’d rest him. Could sit Smith and Bird side-by-side with Max having licence to push up and Hourihane at the bottom of a diamond with the front 3.

Edited by DiggerB

A loss here and we're bang in trouble, a win here and it keeps our head's above water for a few more weeks. We've not really played well away from home all season, certainly haven't had a decent result away from home, with our only wins coming against the poorest of the poor teams we've played this season. 

If I'm a betting man, I'm banking on a home win - a fragile, jaded team coming off an historically poor result. A team who look by all accounts have crumbled physically and mentally. 

Is Paul Warne going to let Darren f*****g Ferguson dog-walk him around London Road Stadium? I guess we will find out. 

Wildsmith 

Rooney       Forsyth        Cashin      Roberts

Bird

Thompson              Sibley 

Barkhuizen         Mcgoldrick             Dobbin

Subs- McGee, Davies, Smith, Hourihane, NML, Springett, Brown

- Rooney back in at right back, should’ve been at least on the bench against Fleetwood, not sure what White’s done to warrant that place ahead of him and Thompson, particularly Thompson who was starting championship games consistently last season. Not having Rooney on the bench meant we didn’t have him to bring on for Smith who was having an absolute stinker.

- In my opinion, Thompson looked good in his only start in the league in a strong away performance at Portsmouth, think he’s warranted more involvement than he’s had and there’s been plenty of opportunities to give him half an hour in games we’ve been cruising. Think he’d at least graft and help provide the energy we were lacking on Saturday in midfield. 

- Brown on the bench because he’s someone that isn’t Collins, 8 goals in 8 appearances in the under 18’s premier league this season, 79 minutes per goal, was on the bench against West Ham so clearly he’s at least somewhat on Warne’s radar. Might offer us something different? To be honest I’d rather try Dobbin as a 9 rather than a Collins completely bereft of confidence.

- Midfield I’ve picked definitely has the potential to be overran and easily beaten, and Bird’s very fortunate to be in it based on Saturday, but we need a reaction to the last game and I’d be interested to see what they could offer as a three.

8 hours ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Wildsmith 

Bird

- Rooney back in at right back, should’ve been at least on the bench against Fleetwood, not sure what White’s done to warrant that place ahead of him and Thompson, particularly Thompson who was starting championship games consistently last season. Not having Rooney on the bench meant we didn’t have him to bring on for Smith who was having an absolute stinker.

- In my opinion, Thompson looked good in his only start in the league in a strong away performance at Portsmouth, think he’s warranted more involvement than he’s had and there’s been plenty of opportunities to give him half an hour in games we’ve been cruising. Think he’d at least graft and help provide the energy we were lacking on Saturday in midfield. 

- Brown on the bench because he’s someone that isn’t Collins, 8 goals in 8 appearances in the under 18’s premier league this season, 79 minutes per goal, was on the bench against West Ham so clearly he’s at least somewhat on Warne’s radar. Might offer us something different? To be honest I’d rather try Dobbin as a 9 rather than a Collins completely bereft of confidence.

- Midfield I’ve picked definitely has the potential to be overran and easily beaten, and Bird’s very fortunate to be in it based on Saturday, but we need a reaction to the last game and I’d be interested to see what they could offer as a three.

That midfield 3 looks too lightweight to me….

9 hours ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Wildsmith 

Bird

I thought Bird looked better as the game wore on Saturday. He's been out a while and that game will have helped him get back up to speed.

Looked really rusty in his brief cameo at Oxford. 

Okay. This is how I’d set my team up. The players I’m dropping are not dropped for the season just this game based on how competitive it will be and how much a win will mean for us. 4-2-3-1

GK - Wildsmith

RB- Rooney

CB - Forsyth (Chester if fit)

CB - Cashin

LB - Roberts

DM - Smith

DM - Bird

LW - Barkhauzien

RW - NML

AM - Dobbin

ST - Didzy 

Let the 3 behind Didzy interchange. Can all play different positions throughout the game. If Didzy drops deep get the AM to get pat him and play as the 9 to create space. Combative Midfield 2 with Bird and Smith. Full backs who can get up and down and put a tackle in with Roberts & Rooney.

Edited by Edtheram
Wrong name

11 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Okay. This is how I’d set my team up. The players I’m dropping are not dropped for the season just this game based on how competitive it will be and how much a win will mean for us. 4-2-3-1

GK - Wildsmith

RB- Rooney

CB - Forsyth (Chester if fit)

CB - Cashin

LB - Roberts

DM - Smith

DM - Bird

LW - Barkhauzien

RW - NML

AM - Dobbin

ST - Didzy 

Let the 3 behind Didzy interchange. Can all play different positions throughout the game. If Didzy drops deep get the AM to get pat him and play as the 9 to create space. Combative Midfield 2 with Bird and Smith. Full backs who can get up and down and put a tackle in with Roberts & Rooney.

Looks like a 4 2 4 to me…think we will be overrun in the midfield…

Wildsmith

Smith     Forsyth     Cashin     Roberts

Bird     Hourihane

Barkhuizen     Sibley    Dobbin

McGoldrick

Subs: McGee Rooney Davies White Collins Mendez-Laing Springett

This is a must-not-lose game. If it weren't for us playing one of our rivals, I'd have given Cashin a rest and brought Rooney in as cover, but that seems too extreme in this situation. With Knight's call up, Sibley will hopefully have the chance to prove to Warne he needs to play in that attacking central midfield, number 10 role. A rest for Mendez-Laing. Probably no room for Thommo, though it's close between him and White for a spot on the bench.

9 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Wildsmith

Rooney   Forsyth   Cashin   Roberts

Smith    Bird    Hourihane

Dobbin  McGoldrick  Barkuizen 

That midfield looks a bit more solid but a shame we can’t find a place for Sibbo, maybe instead of Barks ?

On 20/03/2023 at 15:19, Carl Sagan said:

Wildsmith

Smith     Forsyth     Cashin     Roberts

Bird     Hourihane

Barkhuizen     Sibley    Dobbin

McGoldrick

Subs: McGee Rooney Davies White Collins Mendez-Laing Springett

This is a must-not-lose game. If it weren't for us playing one of our rivals, I'd have given Cashin a rest and brought Rooney in as cover, but that seems too extreme in this situation. With Knight's call up, Sibley will hopefully have the chance to prove to Warne he needs to play in that attacking central midfield, number 10 role. A rest for Mendez-Laing. Probably no room for Thommo, though it's close between him and White for a spot on the bench.

Definitely no place for Thommo on the bench now. For good or ill, this is our squad from now on, with only Chester to come back in.

Edited by Carl Sagan

Wildsmith

Rooney        Forsyth      Cashin      Roberts

NML             Smith         Bird          Barkhuizin

Sibley

McGoldrick

Like to see Smith in midfield for the extra aggression.

Subs - McGee, Davies, Hourihane, White, Dobbin, Springett, Collins.

Wildsmith

Rooney   Forsyth   Cashin   Roberts

Barkhuizen  Smith    Bird    Hourihane  Sibley 

McGoldrick  

I'd keep things tight (steady on !) and maybe go 4-5-1 then look to bring in Dobbin and maybe Collins later on if we need a goal. 

For some reason, feeling optimistic as I think we will see a reaction from some of the players.

Fond Regards

Gangway D from the Terrace 

On 19/03/2023 at 13:26, Jortat said:

What pubs are Rams  fans drinking in before the match ?

Previously the Brewery Tap and/or Wetherspoons, both near the station seem the most popular, then a beer on the Boat - The Charters I think it's called.  Not sure if apathy has set in with our support, but hopefully we will sell out the away end - looking forward to it.

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace