Cheltenham racing tips

Poynton ram

Very punter friendly Festival with easy profits to be taken every day. Had my eye on this fella back on his favoured soft going and in a race certain to be strongly run. Backed it yesterday at 28s thinking it was certain to be supported today. Imagine my surprise to see it going off even bigger. Have a bit more? Don't mind if I do ?

image.png.5e3569e066cbec397b6ed2d76e76669d.png

image.png.307a2df687a0b4dbf39ebba9add1e4ce.png

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

7 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Going to take on the GC favourite. Might win but 11/8?!? Backing Protektorat e/w at 28/1. If A Plus Tard turns up, they are all running for 2nd place IMO.

Fair play to Mullins. He's been saying GDC would win the gold cup for a year. I wasn't convinced 3 miles 2, fiercely run on tiring ground at a stiff track was within his compass, but it's actually his stamina that won him the race. Young horse too. My guess is he'll be rated somewhere in the low to mid 180s after that and the way he's put that to bed without jumping terribly well was deeply impressive. If he stays healthy, you'd think he'd emulate stable mate Al Boum Photo and defend his title next year.

As for old Protektorat, he ran 4th with only 3 e/w places on offer but he ran his heart out so I can't complain. Ironically, it was him whose stamina failed. Shows how much I know! 

The tip I'd give all and sundry is if you've not been before, treat yourself to a day at the festival next year. There is nothing like it anywhere in the world and if you think the noise of the crowd at Pride Park can be loud, try 300k screaming a well backed favourite home. £55 quid today, which ain't bad for the best racing festival out there, but factor in a taxi as local hotels absolutely take the piss.

Hope you fellow NH enthusiasts had a good one. Same time next year.  

34 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Fair play to Mullins. He's been saying GDC would win the gold cup for a year. I wasn't convinced 3 miles 2, fiercely run on tiring ground at a stiff track was within his compass, but it's actually his stamina that won him the race. Young horse too. My guess is he'll be rated somewhere in the low to mid 180s after that and the way he's put that to bed without jumping terribly well was deeply impressive. If he stays healthy, you'd think he'd emulate stable mate Al Boum Photo and defend his title next year.

As for old Protektorat, he ran 4th with only 3 e/w places on offer but he ran his heart out so I can't complain. Ironically, it was him whose stamina failed. Shows how much I know! 

The tip I'd give all and sundry is if you've not been before, treat yourself to a day at the festival next year. There is nothing like it anywhere in the world and if you think the noise of the crowd at Pride Park can be loud, try 300k screaming a well backed favourite home. £55 quid today, which ain't bad for the best racing festival out there, but factor in a taxi as local hotels absolutely take the piss.

Hope you fellow NH enthusiasts had a good one. Same time next year.  

Holiday inn express Cheltenham town centre have a few rooms left for tonight at £412, on Tuesday they had one room left at £800, free breakfast though.? when we were there for the football it was about £70 a night.

I think you might be confusing the capacity at Cheltenham racecourse with the whole 4 day festival. Capacity is about 68,000.

I didn’t have a winner in 4 races today, but I have made a profit over the 4 days so can’t complain.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Fantastic win in the Gold Cup. So smooth.

Crazy finish to the 4.10 with loose horses walking in the way ?

Take it you didn’t get the 66-1?

Brilliant tipping elsewhere though 86!

It's brilliant tipping if he shares it in advance! 

My favourite Cheltenham memory was chatting away to an elderly Irish fella, who opened up his carrier bag to show us €30,000 he'd mortgaged his house for, in order to back Moscow Flyer in the Champion Chase. Naturally, he hadn't told his wife.

I think it was the 2nd to last fence it fell at, leaving Azertiuop (sic) clear, which we'd all backed. 

We were going mental over winning £50, and he just shook our hands, and his head, before disappearing off somewhere! 

I often wonder what he told the missus, if he ever did return home.

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Very punter friendly Festival with easy profits to be taken every day. Had my eye on this fella back on his favoured soft going and in a race certain to be strongly run. Backed it yesterday at 28s thinking it was certain to be supported today. Imagine my surprise to see it going off even bigger. Have a bit more? Don't mind if I do ?

image.png.5e3569e066cbec397b6ed2d76e76669d.png

image.png.307a2df687a0b4dbf39ebba9add1e4ce.png

That’s great and everything, thing is, you’re meant to tell us all BEFORE so we can all be winners ?