Cheltenham racing tips

Poynton ram

1 hour ago, David said:

That’s great and everything, thing is, you’re meant to tell us all BEFORE so we can all be winners ?

Appreciate you're not being completely serious but would you risk hard-earned because some random on a forum says he's got a horse? I did actually tip up one on here for the Derby but only because I thought it was as close to a certainty as you get in the racing game. Unsurprisingly, nobody took my advice and I don't blame them really.

Sensible head on, I'm also uncomfortable with what would effectively amount to encouraging folk to bet. There's a good few on here who hated the 32Red sponsorship and I fully understand and respect that. 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Appreciate your not being completely serious but would you risk hard-earned because some random on a forum says he's got a horse? I did actually tip up one on here for the Derby but only because I thought it was as close to a certainty as you get in the racing game. Unsurprisingly, nobody took my advice and I don't blame them really.

Sensible head on, I'm also uncomfortable with what would effectively amount to encouraging folk to bet. There's a good few on here who hated the 32Red sponsorship and I fully understand and respect that. 

Well I wouldn't remortgage the house, may have risked a fiver on, tbh, I very rarely bet more than a fiver.

William Hill offer evens with a max £10 bet for things like Arsenal to score a goal, that's the only time I scrape out the piggy bank.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Well I wouldn't remortgage the house, may have risked a fiver on, tbh, I very rarely bet more than a fiver.

William Hill offer evens with a max £10 bet for things like Arsenal to score a goal, that's the only time I scrape out the piggy bank.

Which is very smart in my book. Constitution Hill was evens versus the 4/11 SP. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Mugs game. They’ll have it all back in 4 weeks.

It's Mr Mug to you, you cheeky t*** ?

The way most folk bet though, I wouldn't disagree, but the advent of betting exchanges has rather changed the game. There's a lot of folk on there laying not betting and while its a high turnover, low profit activity, it's not as hard as you might think. 

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Fantastic win in the Gold Cup. So smooth.

Crazy finish to the 4.10 with loose horses walking in the way ?

Take it you didn’t get the 66-1?

Brilliant tipping elsewhere though 86!

He looked good didn't he! Most of my betting is on the Exchanges and I actually laid him for £500. £750 dropped and suffice to say I shan't be laying him again at any price, but in my defence, I'd rate him as having run at least 10lbs better than anything we'd seen from him before. 

And no, I didn't get the 66/1. I grabbed the girly and took her off to buy her a treat and have a celebratory cocktail shortly after the GC but I looked at the race after and I'd not have sorted that horse if you gave me half a dozen picks. The 5 back bets were the ones posted along with Lossiemouth in the opener who I felt was banker material. A good day but also a lucky one.

5 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Fair play to Mullins. He's been saying GDC would win the gold cup for a year. I wasn't convinced 3 miles 2, fiercely run on tiring ground at a stiff track was within his compass, but it's actually his stamina that won him the race. Young horse too. My guess is he'll be rated somewhere in the low to mid 180s after that and the way he's put that to bed without jumping terribly well was deeply impressive. If he stays healthy, you'd think he'd emulate stable mate Al Boum Photo and defend his title next year.

As for old Protektorat, he ran 4th with only 3 e/w places on offer but he ran his heart out so I can't complain. Ironically, it was him whose stamina failed. Shows how much I know! 

The tip I'd give all and sundry is if you've not been before, treat yourself to a day at the festival next year. There is nothing like it anywhere in the world and if you think the noise of the crowd at Pride Park can be loud, try 300k screaming a well backed favourite home. £55 quid today, which ain't bad for the best racing festival out there, but factor in a taxi as local hotels absolutely take the piss.

Hope you fellow NH enthusiasts had a good one. Same time next year.  

300k at Cheltenham ?.  You must be seeing double, in fact quadruple.

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

300k at Cheltenham ?.  You must be seeing double, in fact quadruple.

It's St Patricks day. I've been seeing double since noon.

Yep, brainfart. The 300k figure is the total for the festival, not the daily attendance as I've made it sound. Cup final size crowd on Paddy's is what I was told but the only way you could get 300k into the racecourse would be if you cremated them first.