Anybody here with Octopus energy?

Bob The Badger

22 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm sick to death of E-on and was about to move when I noticed that they give £50 to people who refer and new customers who sign up with an affiliate link.

Does anybody want it?

Who gives £50?? Eon or Octopus?

I'm with Eon , and have had nothing but trouble with them from the start. I'd want more like £5000 to join them.  Utter shambles of a company.

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

Who gives £50?? Eon or Octopus?

I'm with Eon , and have had nothing but trouble with them from the start. I'd want more like £5000 to join them.  Utter shambles of a company.

I’ve been with EON many years and haven’t had any problems with them at all. So, they’re a shambles of a company for me.

For a while they kept badgering me (well, every 6 months or so) to have a Smart meter fitted but that was just an irritation and they haven’t contacted me for a while about it now.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I’ve had a good experience of Octopus.

Billing has been straightforward and reasonable.

So do you want the £50 for referring me then?

All you have to do is log in, get your code, email it me and then I use it when I sign up and we both get £50

Message me if you're interested. 

https://octopus.energy/blog/octopus-referrals/#yourreferrallink

23 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’ve been with EON many years and haven’t had any problems with them at all. So, they’re a shambles of a company for me.

For a while they kept badgering me (well, every 6 months or so) to have a Smart meter fitted but that was just an irritation and they haven’t contacted me for a while about it now.

Hiya Tamworthram...my names Robert and work for the sales team for Eon, We're rolling out our Smart meter programme again, So please get in touch via you're online account and we can sort a time scale for your fitting.

Thanks again

Robert S Meter...Eon sales support. 

49 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Are companies allowing switches at the moment? The last time I looked, there was no one to switch to that had a better deal than the one I was on. The sector is screwed. The idea of competition in the market and hopping around to the best deal seems dead 

It's a kippers dick less with Octopus, but I  heard so much good stuff about them as a company and I despise E-on so much, that I want to move.

E-on spent a year threatening us with a bill for electricity used when we didn't even live in the UK. It was my father-in-law's house that we used for 2 weeks when we were in isolation after moving back. It got to the stage where we were getting legal letters even though my sister-in-law kept calling them to say to send her the bill because it needed to go to the solicitor and be dealt with by the estate.

Then they badgered me (disgrace to badgering) to have a smart meter and then when I agreed, didn't show up for the call,so I had to book it in again.

And the part of the app that logs daily usage hasn't been working for 3 weeks and I'm sick of reading that they're working on it. A bunch of utter knobs.

Octopus all the way. Especially good for EVs, but great customer services too. A really simple email address. Not a note ply, just hello@octopus.energy. Really simple to get in touch with them. 

mat one point I think they got a bit too popular, and then they couldn’t cope with the customer services, they weren’t quite as speedy to respond, but I think it’s sorted now. 

https://share.octopus.energy/dusk-marsh-672

a link for anyone who wants to use it. First come first served. 

2 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Bulb have all been switched to octopus as well. For some reason despite it being quite a new player, it was considered as one of the most stable when everything was going war showed for other companies. I can’t really understand why, I’m not sure what they’ve done differently, but they do seem to have a generally more ethical outlook. Which would normally mean certain doom, nice guys finish last, but they seem to be doing alright, they’ve probably got some horrendous skeleton hidden in their closet. All their energy comes from burning witches, you heard it here first. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

We were fine with them , until a couple of years ago when they fitted a smart meter. Ever since then, readings which so called smart meter collects are all over the place. Often not taken at all. Sometimes reads too high, sometime too low. Never matches the actual meter. 

They arranged an engineer visit, for which I took a day off. They didn't turn up. Arranged another one. This time turned up, but guy said there's nothing he can do, as it's a software issue. 

Account is well over £1000 in credit, that's electric only, as gas thankfully with a different supplier. Trying to resolve the smart meter issue ongoing for about 18 months. No sign of being sorted . 

Only form of contact seems to be email, and the conversation is at the rate of about one email per week.

Ive been with Octopus for a couple of years, signed up through Marks & Spencers who have just informed me they are now transferring me to Octopus for billing and customer service as they are pulling out of the energy market to concentrate on their retail business.

I'm assured they'll be no difference, its just that M&S are no longer involved.

With M&S  the customer service has been brilliant, it'll be interesting if it changes going forward.

I’ve been with Octopus on a fixed rate for nearly two years which is about to run out. I have been very satisfied with them.

Under the new rates that they have informed me I’ll be on, my electric will double and my gas will increase 350%.

Unfortunately it’s not worth switching because all the rates are much the same.

I’m with Octopus and never had a problem.  Also registered for their saving scheme where there’s 1 hour each month they encourage you to save electric and cash.  They notify you on the day and have register each time which is a bit of pain but only takes a minute.

It’s worth considering not fixing.  I’m on the variable rate and pay a lot less than the fixed tariff I was offered.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

I was with one of the smaller "green" companies that was one of the first to cease trading. They dumped me with EDF as a default and by the time that deal ended, there was no better deal to switch to elsewhere so I'm still with EDF for now

I'd been with them years ago and not had great experiences, but I have to say that they seem to have fixed my main problem - the old Direct Debit over-charge

I just got an end of year refund for £350 because I'd overpaid. I knew I was overpaying because I knew they had overstated my estimated usage. I then went on the website and clicked an option to request a lower DD amount. They actioned this immediately and automatically without having to debate with a call-centre bod. 

So now I can effectively alter my DD this way every quarter if I feel I'm not quite on track. I wish this had been available years ago. 

Edited by Stive Pesley