Player Ratings, Mansfield Town V Derby County (Papa Johns, 4/10/22)

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results  by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. 

Loach

Cashin

Stearman

Forsyth

Roberts

Knight

Mendez-Laing

Bird ? 

Dobbin

Barkhuizen

Sibley

Thompson 

Forsyth

Cybulski

Odurah

Aghatise

Edited by Boycie

12 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Fozzy would like us to think he was everywhere last night but I think the second one might be a mistake Ellafella ?

Darren Robinson?

Stearman

Forsyth

Roberts

Thompson 

Forsyth

Cybulski

Loach 7.5 (solid)

Cashin 6 (not his best work - didn't look so comfortable on the right)

Stearman 7

Forsyth 6.5

Roberts 7 (an 8 for the first 30-35 minutes though!)

Knight 6

Mendez-Laing 6

Bird 6.5

Dobbin 7.5 (good goal; still needs to work on staying onside)

Barkhuizen 6

Sibley 6 (started really well, fizzled out)

Thompson 7 (best game for a while, good to see him looking forward)

Robinson 6

Cybulski 6.5 (still intrigued to see whether we're going to get a footballer out of him; he has obviously got something, but I'm not sure self-belief is included - surprised and impressed he took his pen so well, and the shot off the post was unexpected (the missed header wasn't). Don't mean to sound harsh and do hope he succeeds. Will Warne bring out whatever potential is within?)

Oduroh 6.5

Aghatise 6

Just now, Carnero said:

Loach 6

Cashin 6

Stearman 6

Forsyth 6

Roberts 6

Knight 6

Mendez-Laing 6

Bird ?

Dobbin 6

Barkhuizen 6

Sibley 6

Thompson 6

Robinson 6

Cybulski 6

Odurah 6

Aghatise 6

Lend us a calculator would you Carnero - just trying to figure out your average score ?

21 minutes ago, jameso said:

****** Stop Press ***** Please note revised player list thanks to eagle-eyes @jameso Please use this list instead

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results  by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. 

Loach

Cashin

Stearman

Forsyth

Roberts

Knight

Mendez-Laing

Bird ? 

Dobbin

Barkhuizen

Sibley

Thompson 

Robinson

Cybulski

Odurah

Aghatise

****** Stop Press ***** Please note revised player list thanks to eagle-eyes @jameso Please use this list instead

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Too late for me to edit - to err is human etc. I'll patch it up as best I can

No problem @Ellafella - would be impossible not to make that mistake once in a while at least!

18 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Loach.                    6.5

Cashin.                    6

Stearman.                6.5

Forsyth.                   6

Roberts.                   7

Knight.                      6.5

Mendez-Laing.        6

Bird ?                     7

Dobbin.                     7

Barkhuizen.               6

Sibley.                        6.5

Thompson                  6

Robinson.                        6

Cybulski.                     6

Odurah.                       6

Aghatise.                     6

Loach - 5, shaky, handling not great compared to 'safe hands' Wildsmith and didn't command his area

Cashin - 5.5, some good covering headers but on the wrong side and it showed, rubbish for his booking

Stearman - 5.5, some good blocks first half, but done easily second, nowhere to be seen on their goal along with the other defenders not anticipating that it may be missed at the front post, and an abysmal penalty

Forsyth - 4, often seems to lower himself to the opposition's level. Terrible penalty.

Roberts - 6, (7 for forward contributions, should have had 2 assists not 1, & 5 for defensive duties)

Knight - 5.5, didn't add any control to midfield or influence any upturn from others

Mendez-Laing - 5.5, should have had an assist despite terrible crossing, dogshit penalty (pace and power is his trademark so, um, what was that?)

Bird - 6, good ball to Dobbin in acres of space, but its quality/difficulty massively overstated to make it seem like it's something we haven't seen from him before.

Dobbin - 7, nice goal (he had to have a good shot eventually!), willing runner taking up some good positions, but offside too much and should have scored the first chance.

Barkhuizen - 4.5, out of place but always a willing runner, still think he'll come good but I'm not reallly seeing 'it' yet with him.

Sibley - 5, one good run, but gave the ball away a lot and generally looked behind play, poor passing for one particular potential breakaway

Thompson - 4.5, he does nothing with the ball, little off it and gets bullied now more than he ever used to. Back to the U21s please.

Robinson - 5.5, not sure what to expect from him. Not his fault but just joined the melange of mediocrity as Mansfield's midfield murdered us.

Cybulski - 6, some nice link-up play but what's a striker's bread and butter? Unlucky with the shot off the post, penalty decent

Odurah - 5.5, can't think of anything to say

Aghatise - 5.5, I've simply never seen him do anything that's impressed me or made me think there's a league footballer in there, but I'll admit my attention had drifted by the time he was on the pitch.

Edited by Kokosnuss

was at the game , been a bit surprised by the reaction of some fans to last nights performance

Loach-6

Cashin-7

Stearman-6

Fozzy-5.5

Roberts-6

Bird-7.5

Thommo-5.5

Sibley-6

Barkhuizen-6

Dobbin-7

Cybulski-6.5

Knight-6

Robinson-5.5

Aghatise-6

NML-6

Oduroh-6.5

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Forgive me... but doesn't the thread title normally hint at it being for player ratings too (as opposed to the matchday thread and/or any other discussion on the game)?  ?‍♂️

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Forgive me... but doesn't the thread title normally hint at it being for player ratings too (as opposed to the matchday thread and/or any other discussion on the game)?  ?‍♂️

Well spotted @Mucker1884. That's mistake #2 on my part. Can @Boycie or @David change the title please accordingly if they haven't already gone to the pub for the evening. ?

14 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Loach 6

Cashin 5.5

Stearman 6

Forsyth 6

Roberts 5

Knight 6

Mendez-Laing 6 5

Bird ? 6.5

Dobbin 6.5

Barkhuizen 5.5

Sibley 5

Thompson 4

Robinson 5.5

Cybulski 6

Odurah 6

Aghatise 6