Our "Why Wall"...

IslandExile

On 03/10/2022 at 16:06, Ratpackram said:

My dad was an orphan and during the 2nd world war was evacuated to chesterfield .... He got treated badly and kept running away and said he always ended up in Derby before he got caught and taken back to the orphanage..... He told me this when I was about 6 years old and I decided to be a Derby fan cos that was where my dad was happiest when growing up ..... Imagine if he has lived chesterfield ...I would have been double f***** 

Nowt up with  Th 'Town' Used to alternate with Derby and Spirites, have seen the great Arthur manage both ( best team Chesterfield ever had)

Born in Derby, dad supporter Derby. Took me to games and that was that. 

I used to carry a milk crate to the BBG so I could see over the advertising boards. I cried when we sold Tommy Johnson (I was too young to understand transfers and he was my favourite player). 

It has to be Derby, somewhere else would have gotten it wrong. 

58 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Born in Derby, dad supporter Derby. Took me to games and that was that. 

I used to carry a milk crate to the BBG so I could see over the advertising boards. I cried when we sold Tommy Johnson (I was too young to understand transfers and he was my favourite player). 

It has to be Derby, somewhere else would have gotten it wrong. 

Took my son about the same time, also carrying a milk crate. Those were the days?

Born in Chesterfield, but a lifelong Derby fan like my Dad & Grandad...Being named after King Kev also helped my name is Kevin Hector Wood! I had a season ticket at the Baseball Ground for 16 seasons and was mascot for the Portsmouth match in 1984...proud to be a Ram following these days from Benidorm.

Edited by Kevinhector10
Additional info

Born in Derby.

My family aren't really into football.

Watched the 18/19 play-off semi where we lost to Fulham under Rowett.

Started following the team and club, made me feel like keeping a foot back in with my Derby roots now I live in the North West.

Had an incredible time watching the 18/19 season under Lampard. Was at Elland Road for the 2nd leg of the play-off semi - what a moment. Then went to Wembley, with a broken foot in a boot ?, and the result soon shadowed the pain from my broken foot.

It's been a ride even for the short time that I've been a fan.

My husband in a Burnley fan and that's where we live. Frustrating that we both got demoted so won't have the chance to play each other in the league.

On 08/10/2022 at 18:46, Anna said:

Born in Derby.

My family aren't really into football.

Watched the 18/19 play-off semi where we lost to Fulham under Rowett.

... Had an incredible time watching the 18/19 season under Lampard...

You still on honeymoon?  Tell him to leave you alone, so you can concentrate on your forum posts!  ?