Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

So they didn't want him it appears.  

The article would imply that they did want him, but then lost interest after Arsenal put their price on his head or found somebody willing to pay £7m plus add ons for him.?

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

The article would imply that they did want him, but then lost interest after Arsenal put their price on his head or found somebody willing to pay £7m plus add ons for him.?

Fine if that's your viewpoint.  Dissection of that quote would indicate to me that they weren't interested to any level, as 7 million would be chump change if they were to a club of that size, especially in instalments  If they had been interested he wouldn't have been here. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Fine if that's your viewpoint.  Dissection of that quote would indicate to me that they weren't interested to any level, as 7 million would be chump change if they were to a club of that size, especially in instalments  If they had been interested he wouldn't have been here. 

I like Mars bars but if I went to the local shop tomorrow to buy one and they wanted £10, which I could easily afford or chump change as you put it, I would lose interest and buy a Topic bar elsewhere, installments or no installments.

5 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I like Mars bars but if I went to the local shop tomorrow to buy one and they wanted £10, which I could easily afford or chump change as you put it, I would lose interest and buy a Topic bar elsewhere, installments or no installments.

Not if you wanted a Mars Bar specifically you wouldn't. Especially if you had enough in your pocket to buy 50.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

That’s what we used to shout at the tv in answer to what’s got a hazelnut in every bite.?

My favourite Topic ad was the one where Toby has to guess the catchprase, but for younger forum members who want to shout "squirrel s***", this is the kind of cutting edge advertising we used to have:

Edited by Carl Sagan

I think that we should get back on topic, looking at the Whoscored stats, Bielik is only rated 10th out of the blues players who have played at least ten games. He has received 7 yellow cards and has just the one assist. Combined with his world cup performances and his salary, you could understand Derby being reluctant to cut short his loan.

15 hours ago, Crewton said:

£7m basic plus add-ons is the most reliable figure I've seen and with money from the playoffs and compo for Lampard, it didn't seem so outlandish, because we didn't spend much more that summer. It wasn't clear at the time how rapidly the club's debts were accruing, nor that Mel was running out of money to invest and all the rest. With the knowledge we now have, it's clear that the priority should have been debt reduction and low cost additions while preparing for the gathering storm. 

A fit Bielek, like a fit Thorne or Barnes before him, could have earned us anything between £5-10m profit, but the ownership never considered what would happen if he got injured. 

I found it absolutely staggering when the former owner revealed that the Rowett compensation paid for Lampard and the Lampard compensation paid for Cocu!

With how often managers get sacked you bank the rare occasions you get compo ffs!

• 3 weeks later...