Bring Back Rooney

sage

22 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Max bird isnt good enough too he needs to have more movement and also be less negative! Most over rated derby player ever! Playing with 10 men every game 

Wow!  You ask what he did……… without thinking too hard how about the forward ball into Mendez Laing for the 2nd goal.  Clearly much credit to Nathan for the finish but the ball into him was decent.  

He might not be playing his best football at the moment but to say what you have is so over the top

28 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Wow!  You ask what he did……… without thinking too hard how about the forward ball into Mendez Laing for the 2nd goal.  Clearly much credit to Nathan for the finish but the ball into him was decent.  

He might not be playing his best football at the moment but to say what you have is so over the top

I actually think Hourihane is what's holding Bird back. 

I know it was only Grimsby, but he looked so much better on Tuesday when he was the one tasked with being the playmaker.

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

I actually think Hourihane is what's holding Bird back. 

I know it was only Grimsby, but he looked so much better on Tuesday when he was the one tasked with being the playmaker.

I hate to be negative, but beyond Hourihanes dead ball prowess, and his shot striking ability outside the penalty box, it's a struggle to see what else he offers.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

I hate to be negative, but beyond Hourihanes dead ball prowess, and his shot striking ability outside the penalty box, it's a struggle to see what else he offers.

He sees a pass really early, has that awareness of where everyone is on the pitch.

Just feel he is too similar to Bird. We need one of them in the team at a time, maybe not both at the same time.

I favour Bird, because he's ours. 

But Hourihane probably has more goals in him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2022 at 16:35, Donnyram said:

You say decent thats all 1 decent pass where mendez laing didnt have the right to do anything with we need running in midfield hes better when hes pushing forward! Again in midfield we are losing it we need knight in there 

Knight being in midfield is the new fervour. He will be a panacea for our woes. 

In what formation? It would have to be on the right of a 433, his ball control isn't tight enough to play DCM. 

However that would mean no 10 where Sibley and McGoldrick play most effectively. 

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. 

3 hours ago, sage said:

Knight being in midfield is the new fervour. He will be a panacea for our woes. 

In what formation? It would have to be on the right of a 433, his ball control isn't tight enough to play DCM. 

However that would mean no 10 where Sibley and McGoldrick play most effectively. 

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. 

can the Lord give us some goals and wins please

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Maybe Jake  Rooney could do a job in midfield in a 3 .

Without a doubt. He's hard and has a very good football brain. Will provide good competition for Bird and maybe allow us to utilse Bird further forward. I'd like to see LR experiment a bit more and stop us looking so robotic and predictable.