Gotta love Extinction Rebellion

Bob The Badger

27 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

An interesting outcome. Sounds like the judge pre-judged them as much as we did on here

https://juststopoil.org/2023/02/16/you-should-feel-guilty-for-nothing-says-judge-as-he-finds-seven-guilty-and-aquits-two-for-disrupting-oil-supplies-at-esso-terminal-in-birmingham/

Amazing how tunes can change if you just take the time to listen and empathise 

Heart-warming as this may be, I expect this to be greeted with the very same sneering cynicism we see displayed so often on this and other platforms. Doubtless, the judge will now be dismissed as a virtue-signalling, ultra-left, SJW wokie, or some similar, but equally puerile terms, despite handing down convictions to the majority of those arrested.

“It’s abundantly clear that you are all good people. You are intelligent, articulate and a pleasure to deal with."

This comment by the Judge certainly sets an interesting precedent. JSO should try and recruit some supporters who aren't white middle-class professionals or students and see if they get the same reaction when they're up before the Beak. 

13 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Heart-warming as this may be, I expect this to be greeted with the very same sneering cynicism we see displayed so often on this and other platforms. Doubtless, the judge will now be dismissed as a virtue-signalling, ultra-left, SJW wokie, or some similar, but equally puerile terms, despite handing down convictions to the majority of those arrested.

We set the highest standards in the world ‘uncomfortable facts for some people no doubt and those that have been arrested.

Pity the Judge did not read this before he made his comments.

Edited by cstand

• 2 weeks later...

The EU want eliminate about 3000 farms in the Netherlands as well. 

If food prices rise as a consequence of this policy I can envisage thousands of ordinary people demonstrating on the streets of Europe.

Not sure what plans we have in this country assume similar reductions.

Edited by cstand

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep , the bored white middle class strike again ,,,, god these people are such self obsessed attention seekers 

I don't know what they are, Middle class, Bored, Indoctrinated, Confused, As reported we are responsible for 2% of the worlds pollution, Where China, India and Brazil are guilty of pi$$ing billions of tons in the air.

It's easy advertising for their efforts as when they come to court a small fine and community service, Surely those who head these organisations must be monitored in some fashion to get their message over to the minions 🤷‍♀️   

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Agreed, the hundreds, maybe thousands, who watch snooker must be up in arms.

I detect the sarcasm! If the numbers are insignificant though, the question is, why do it in the first place?

36 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

I don't know what they are, Middle class, Bored, Indoctrinated, Confused, As reported we are responsible for 2% of the worlds pollution, Where China, India and Brazil are guilty of pi$$ing billions of tons in the air.

It's easy advertising for their efforts as when they come to court a small fine and community service, Surely those who head these organisations must be monitored in some fashion to get their message over to the minions 🤷‍♀️   

I havnt seen a young working class black , Asian or white representation, it’s all retired librarians, teachers and students on a gap year , stunning they have now been conned by the usual suspects into believing that the way to save the planet is spend spend spend , tax tax tax , growth growth growth , make more , throw more away , transfer the wealth more away from the have nots than ever before , restore the privilege of the well off to fly , drive , travel ect ect ect without the plebs getting in the way ,

sad thing is it’s actually decent we’ll meaning people who are having they’re decency exploited and being filled with anxiety and impending doom

Edited by Archied

52 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

I think it's a form of mental illness. They've been "radicalized" and behave as if in a cult. The problem is they do it with impunity, and the largesse of the legal system. The best moment of recent years was when they were chased over the roofs of electric trains in London by angry commuters wanting to use sustainable transport to go to work. We need more of the general public refusing to put up with this idiocy. Dragging them off the streets etc, like we see in other countries where they don't indulge the madness. 

42 minutes ago, David said:

I detect the sarcasm! If the numbers are insignificant though, the question is, why do it in the first place?

The snooker is an easy target? 

Not too much security, and a way to easily bring their cause to public attention.

It's all over the news, so it's worked, will be how they view it.