Gotta love Extinction Rebellion

Bob The Badger

12 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Hmmm, not sure you are taking into account anecdotal evidence enough here. When I were a lad, I remember one summer when all the test matches were rained off. And I remember another one when it was scorching. And they used to ice skate on the River Thames.

And have you heard about that guy who smoked 40 a day and lived until they were 100. Just shows don't it?

Yeah , don’t want people opening they’re eyes and seeing what’s going on around them ,,far better  the guardian and beeb and msm tells you everything you need to know ,

the mirror had a front page spread of child being carried from forest fires under climate crisis , two weeks later a tiny page 9 bit about how the fires were arson and negligence 😂😂😂

Edited by Archied

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yeah , don’t want people opening they’re eyes and seeing what’s going on around them ,,far better  the guardian and beeb and msm tells you everything you need to know ,

the mirror had a front page spread of child being carried from forest fires under climate crisis , two weeks later a tiny page 9 bit about how the fires were arson and negligence 😂😂😂

Exactly! No doubt people like @Needlesh will ignore this clear evidence that climate change is a myth created by (checks notes) global elites trying to make money from...erm....renewable energy??

13 minutes ago, Archied said:

👍,,, you’ve opened a can of worms admitting voting Tory in here ,, best of luck with that one 💣😂

They sound like they might an extreme centerist. They may even listen to science and experts aka the Liberal Elite.

Dangerous and not to be trusted. Thanks for flagging @Archied

48 minutes ago, Archied said:

👍,,, you’ve opened a can of worms admitting voting Tory in here ,, best of luck with that one 💣😂

I've also voted Labour, Lib Dem, Green and for local Indy candidates.

But I confess...Tory more often tgan not.

54 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Exactly! No doubt people like @Needlesh will ignore this clear evidence that climate change is a myth created by (checks notes) global elites trying to make money from...erm....renewable energy??

Or you could buy into the conspiracy theory that all these world leaders know the world is going extinct but are choosing to ignore that so they can line they’re pockets with money from the fossil fuel giants 😂😂???,

electric cars , renewables? Part of the solution but not THE solution, in my humble opinion but that’s not enough for the hysterical, it’s all or nothing as usual , it’s actually very funny 

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Good to see that climate protestors have been reading this thread and realised that, on balance, previous tactics have probably been counter-productive.

Good to see them now go after not-normal people and the sort of people who could actually make a difference.

Whatever your views on climate change are, if you are running to be be Primeminister, you probably need more coherent ideas on it than "well in our house, my daughter sorts out the recylcing chortle chortle chortle".

Am a bit less concerned by this tactic but I am questioning whether you or I will support people like me who are sick of the likes of jso protesters and dale vince deciding we can target the homes of these protesters and they’re families or vince and his family?

are you ok for people to follow jso protesters home and target them and they’re families in they’re homes ?

really interested in your view on that

They sound like they might an extreme centerist. They may even listen to science and experts aka the Liberal Elite.

Dangerous and not to be trusted. Thanks for flagging @Archied

Oops here we go , usually if I flag something you go full on gaga mode and get the topic deleted 🤷‍♂️

Good to see that climate protestors have been reading this thread and realised that, on balance, previous tactics have probably been counter-productive.

Good to see them now go after not-normal people and the sort of people who could actually make a difference.

Whatever your views on climate change are, if you are running to be be Primeminister, you probably need more coherent ideas on it than "well in our house, my daughter sorts out the recylcing chortle chortle chortle".

Agreed. Smart move from GreenPeace. Hopefully the other groups will get the same idea.

Smart how they also did this after it was announced he and his family were in California so they can't be tarred with scaring his wife and kids.

Edited by therealhantsram