Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

Going to be a lot of disappointed fans for Sheff Wed on last day, the away end has had further capacity restrictions meaning only 3700 allowed, in a stand that has 6560 seats due to access issues following the FA Cup game against Newcastle where 4500 were allowed....

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

Going to be a lot of disappointed fans for Sheff Wed on last day, the away end has had further capacity restrictions meaning only 3700 allowed, in a stand that has 6560 seats due to access issues following the FA Cup game against Newcastle where 4500 were allowed....

I've always thought that Sheff Wednesday walked away from the Hillsborough enquiry remarkably unscathed when the biggest problem was the appalling design of their ground.

There had been problems at previous games and now 24 years after the disaster they still haven't sorted safe and proper access to the stand. It staggers me that thus has been allowed to continue.

As an aside I thought the concourses at Barnsley at Oxford were very cramped and you had to fight your way through the crowd to get to the seating access points.

37 minutes ago, sage said:

I've always thought that Sheff Wednesday walked away from the Hillsborough enquiry remarkably unscathed when the biggest problem was the appalling design of their ground.

There had been problems at previous games and now 24 years after the disaster they still haven't sorted safe and proper access to the stand. It staggers me that thus has been allowed to continue.

As an aside I thought the concourses at Barnsley at Oxford were very cramped and you had to fight your way through the crowd to get to the seating access points.

Did you get there just before kick off.

39 minutes ago, sage said:

What with people queuing for food and drink that stretches across the concourse and queues to get into the toilets. Along with those already gathered consuming their purchases or just talking, our own concourses aren't the easiest to move through at times. It might help if the club could organise the queues for refreshments to run down the length of the concourse, instead of letting them randomly form across it.

8 hours ago, sage said:

I didn’t go to Oxford but certainly Barnsley wasn’t much fun. The main problem seemed to be getting past the scrum/queue for the first refreshment sales point. 

Away games we get there early and if it's busy go straight up to our seats.

Barnsley is the one ground we rarely get a cuppa because of the concourse congestion. But even managed that this time! 

Pride Park is a palace compared to some of the grounds we have been to.

Hillsborough is still a death-trap. If they had to get 3,700 people out of that upper tier in a hurry they just couldn't do it. I try not to think about it but I hate going there.

FGR tickets,

I really don’t understand how ticket priority system works.

Clicked on as soon as the buy button turned blue, already large areas greyed out.

I immediately clicked on the covered seats area, which is very limited, and there was about 15 left so clicked on one straight away.

Pressed buy, only to be told I had exceeded the number of tickets allowed to me and to press assign to owners.

Still wouldn’t let me buy.

Risky strategy but I thought start again, clicked back on , three seats left, I was like a stock market trader, buy buy buy.?

success, got the email .

Went back on site and its currently showing,

Covered seats sold out.

Covered standing 11 tickets available.

Uncovered standing 93 tickets available.

We definitely haven’t got more than one thousand 20+ members.??‍♂️

Like I said, I don’t understand.

11 hours ago, sage said:

Everything about Barnsley away was horrible. It was the worst away day I’ve had ever, for lots of reasons, least if all the score tbh. I really hope we don’t get them in the PO semi-final.

1 minute ago, Grumpy Git said:

Everything about Barnsley away was horrible. It was the worst away day I’ve had ever, for lots of reasons, least if all the score tbh. I really hope we don’t get them in the PO semi-final.

It started badly with the car park being full when I arrived (which was relatively early) and I ended up risking it in the Metrodome car park even though it said patrons only. It looked like many more had to do the same. Getting through the crowd in the concourse was a nightmare as was the performance and result.

The only two good outcomes were: 1) the parking was free and 2) I dropped my wife at family just outside Barnsley where she stayed for four nights before coming home on the train. So I had a nice quiet few days to myself (apart from the cats) ?

54 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

FGR tickets,

I really don’t understand how ticket priority system works.

Clicked on as soon as the buy button turned blue, already large areas greyed out.

I immediately clicked on the covered seats area, which is very limited, and there was about 15 left so clicked on one straight away.

Pressed buy, only to be told I had exceeded the number of tickets allowed to me and to press assign to owners.

Still wouldn’t let me buy.

Risky strategy but I thought start again, clicked back on , three seats left, I was like a stock market trader, buy buy buy.?

success, got the email .

Went back on site and its currently showing,

Covered seats sold out.

Covered standing 11 tickets available.

Uncovered standing 93 tickets available.

We definitely haven’t got more than one thousand 20+ members.??‍♂️

Like I said, I don’t understand.

Yeah just bought mine... Something not right as only 100 left..

Maybe they haven't released them all so actually not just a 100 left..

20 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I mean standing up bit.

You can stand as much as you like mate, nobody can tell you to Si’darn!?

Mind you, it’s a long time to stand with your toe mate, no half time perch for you to rest it a bit ?

But, start the bounce and all will be forgotten!

2 hours ago, therams69 said:

Yeah just bought mine... Something not right as only 100 left..

Maybe they haven't released them all so actually not just a 100 left..

9 covered seats have come up for sale now so it’s possible to count the number that was available to us which was 100 in total. Unlike the 200 that the away fans guide lists.

Just now, Foreveram said:

9 covered seats have come up for sale now so it’s possible to count the number that was available to us which was 100 in total. Unlike the 200 that the away fans guide lists.

Think its a case of DCFC releasing how many are applicable in each window.