Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

14 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

The extra tickets in the family stand are what it says on the tin and can only be obtained through the ticket office and not online, so unlikely to be the cause of any trouble.

I thought the section in the stand at the side that we had on Saturday would be trouble-free, but from just a couple of reports that we've had on here it seems there were a small number in there who didn't behave themselves.

With all the recent history, I'm just not surprised that Wycombe are being cautious.

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

Someone retweeted "Pint of bitter?" Made me laugh.

Personally think this is more likely to lead to trouble, not less. Especially when they've helped our biggest rivals by giving them better allocations.

Has feel of biting their nose off to spite their face. I'm sure Warney and his staff will use it as a motivator to fire up the team. They're an insignificant little team not worth losing any sleep over. Let's do our talking on the pitch. I'm sure they'll have plenty of decent supporters that will be genuinely embarrassed by their chairmans actions. 

Edited by Steve How Hard?
missed letter

Maybe there is no spite in this after all.  ?‍♂️

Looks like their little experiment with mixing up the fans hasn't been well received by the Wycombe massive, and there's grumbling afoot.
Seems they've only tried it against Ipswich & Wendies, and the latter appears to have been a bit too much for the home fans, what with queues for the pies and pissers, and it all being a bit too loud for them!  Some of them didn't even make it home in time for tea!

Fair comments (in response to a post by a Rams fan) on their forum...

SWFC only had 2572 at ours on Saturday. There were some untaken seats in the portion of our Family Stand allocated to them . The Family Stand is the lower tier of our biggest stand. There were Wycombe supporters with young children who moved to less appropriate parts of our ground or didn't come on Saturday. I am sure that you can understand it would be undesirable to split the upper tier and have opposition fans above our Family Stand whoever the opposition would be.

Our new owners have always been keen on the Match Day experience, and there are some seats in the ground for home supporters that it is necessary to walk 4 / 5 ths of the way round the ground to reach and leave those seats, if those stands have a split allocation. The queues for various facilities were greater than I have ever known on Saturday.

We were very close to selling out the remaining areas of our ground to our own fans. This despite the weather and the bad experiences of some of our fans on the first occasion against Ipswich when we split the two stands to sell additional seats to opposition supporters. We had more than 5700 Wycombe supporters in the ground for the game against SWFC and that number has been recently rising steadily. I can't think of any club in the country who would sell seats to opposition supporters and turn away their own supporters or even run the risk of turning away their own supporters. That is not a courtesy, that's rolling over to have your tummy tickled.

I reckon that we tried to increase the away allocation as an experiment, and from the point of view of our supporters it certainly wasn't an unalloyed success. It may well have been that if our home games against SWFC and DCFC had come in the reverse order, Derby fans would have been offered the additional seats and Sheffield Wednesday fans would not have been given the opportunity. I am sure that there is every chance that if we are play-off contenders towards the end of the season we won't be splitting our stands to increase the allocation for away supporters.

I think our club has acted sensibly and without prejudice in this matter.

I am sure that Derby will return to at least the Championship at some stage. As you say, whatever happens, enjoy your season.

I asked in the "gasroom" why we weren't getting the extra allocation. This was one of the replies...

SWFC only had 2572 at ours on Saturday. There were some untaken seats in the portion of our Family Stand allocated to them . The Family Stand is the lower tier of our biggest stand. There were Wycombe supporters with young children who moved to less appropriate parts of our ground or didn't come on Saturday. I am sure that you can understand it would be undesirable to split the upper tier and have opposition fans above our Family Stand whoever the opposition would be.

Our new owners have always been keen on the Match Day experience, and there are some seats in the ground for home supporters that it is necessary to walk 4 / 5 ths of the way round the ground to reach and leave those seats, if those stands have a split allocation. The queues for various facilities were greater than I have ever known on Saturday.

We were very close to selling out the remaining areas of our ground to our own fans. This despite the weather and the bad experiences of some of our fans on the first occasion against Ipswich when we split the two stands to sell additional seats to opposition supporters. We had more than 5700 Wycombe supporters in the ground for the game against SWFC and that number has been recently rising steadily. I can't think of any club in the country who would sell seats to opposition supporters and turn away their own supporters or even run the risk of turning away their own supporters. That is not a courtesy, that's rolling over to have your tummy tickled.

I reckon that we tried to increase the away allocation as an experiment, and from the point of view of our supporters it certainly wasn't an unalloyed success. It may well have been that if our home games against SWFC and DCFC had come in the reverse order, Derby fans would have been offered the additional seats and Sheffield Wednesday fans would not have been given the opportunity. I am sure that there is every chance that if we are play-off contenders towards the end of the season we won't be splitting our stands to increase the allocation for away supporters.

I am sure that Derby will return to at least the Championship at some stage. As you say, whatever happens, enjoy your season.

13 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

It also seems that some families who usually use the Family Stand at a cost of £56 for man, wife and 2 kids were having to fork out around £90 in the other part of the stand. Many complaints received. 

Us not getting the extra is perfectly understandable under the circumstances.

Booo, your balanced and well informed post has made me feel bad for calling them a rude word now!

Seems it is a sensible step on their part, they have to look after their own fans and interests first as we would expect our club to do for us. 
I do like the idea of it being used as a motivator by Warne, I want to keep this momentum and if it coincides with us beating Wycombe comfortably at their home ground then that’s a bonus 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

30 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I asked in the "gasroom" why we weren't getting the extra allocation. This was one of the replies...

33 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Maybe there is no spite in this after all.  ?‍♂️

Looks like their little experiment with mixing up the fans hasn't been well received by the Wycombe massive, and there's grumbling afoot.
Seems they've only tried it against Ipswich & Wendies, and the latter appears to have been a bit too much for the home fans, what with queues for the pies and pissers, and it all being a bit too loud for them!  Some of them didn't even make it home in time for tea!

Fair comments (in response to a post by a Rams fan) on their forum...

aladdin-genie.gif.307331cc4ab2e59d3edec605ddac1f9e.gif

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

I thought the section in the stand at the side that we had on Saturday would be trouble-free, but from just a couple of reports that we've had on here it seems there were a small number in there who didn't behave themselves.

With all the recent history, I'm just not surprised that Wycombe are being cautious.

I did not see any trouble what so ever on saturday.

19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You don't know yet who will be sitting behind you at Wycombe when you stand up in front of them - there could still be trouble ?

Edited by Brailsford Ram

34 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Neither did I mate, I was referring to the posts we had about Billy Sharp-type chants aimed at their nr.10, the young woman who was abused and the youths who came in late and took the front row seats. Some people clearly witnessed a few fans behaving in a less than ideal way, but they seem to have been a small minority.

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Neither did I mate, I was referring to the posts we had about Billy Sharp-type chants aimed at their nr.10, the young woman who was abused and the youths who came in late and took the front row seats. Some people clearly witnessed a few fans behaving in a less than ideal way, but they seem to have been a small minority.

Some one on bus we used they had same issue when they arrived late there seats were taken by someone else.

48 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Similar thing happened at Shrewsbury too. A load of youths came in late (after KO) and just stood in the aisle/on the steps in front of me. The stewards just shrugged their shoulders and did nowt.

Even I know that dangerouse park of there crowd control they would know they need keep clear at all times.