Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

9 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The world cup is long over and all he's doing is hawking his services. He never had any intention of playing for Derby again once we were relegated.

I guess a few are confused on here; for clarity, he's contracted to Derby County and should be preparing to return to the club that paid his wages and medical bills. He should be preparing to return to the club he chose to sign for, ready for pre-season, like every other Derby player, not prattling on about his prospects and keeping his options open. He hasn't and he won't, but I and others are supposed to be fine about it because he is a footballer and has 'higher ambitions'.

Big woop 🙄

Or, he's working hard on his fitness preparing for a summer of international games and to be in peak condition for a very tough preseason when he returns to his parent club. When asked about his future in a five minute interview he said that his destiny is still to be decided.

I really don't know if he will be back, if he wants to come back, or if his parent club even wants him back. I do however think that he has given stock answers when asked questions, and will continue to do so whenever asked.

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

Or, he's working hard on his fitness preparing for a summer of international games and to be in peak condition for a very tough preseason when he returns to his parent club. When asked about his future in a five minute interview he said that his destiny is still to be decided.

I really don't know if he will be back, if he wants to come back, or if his parent club even wants him back. I do however think that he has given stock answers when asked questions, and will continue to do so whenever asked.

Wouldn't hold your breath Rich. He won't be back. If he had any intention of returning to Derby, he'd not still be flashing his knickers at Brum, would he? Perhaps Brum won't be able to take him and nobody else will want to pay his wages. That's the only way we'll see him back at PP.

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Wouldn't hold your breath Rich. He won't be back. If he had any intention of returning to Derby, he'd not still be flashing his knickers at Brum, would he? Perhaps Brum won't be able to take him and nobody else will want to pay his wages. That's the only way we'll see him back at PP.

I'm not saying that you're wrong either. It's just that we really don't know anything about his or any other player's situations (McGoldrick for example).

11 hours ago, S8TY said:

The way his agent and KB are coming across is a bit disrespectful to Derby and its fans I'd say.....

Could've worded it much better and not looked so selfish , Derby County did after all pay him a large wage and was a fans favourite the few times he actually played 

...and the fans could have worded their posts on the subject better so as not top appear so bitter and needlessly angry. As it is, most people complaining that he's dared to answer a question put forward to him by a journalist look like they're holding a weird grudge and blaming him for his injuries, blaming him for his transfer fee, wages and contract length etc.

There's only one person to blame for that and he's long since left the club, so I guess people have to take their frustrations out on the players who were signed for inflated fees (Waghorn got some of this attitude toward him too) because heaven forbid there to be nobody to vent at.

As ever, people want to hear the truth, some openness, communication, but if they don't like what they hear and go into attack mode.

It's not like Bielik got injured doing activities away from the club - he received his injuries playing for us, on the pitch. That we've paid him a wage and paid for his recovery is should be irrelevant to people's judgement - it's in the contract he was given. There's no evidence that he's demanding his next club match it, that he's holding up the process of getting rid of him.

The last injury especially, aided by the both covid and our lack of money, could be seen to have been indirectly contributed to by the woeful state of our pitch during lockdown, nevertheless the games he did manage to play in during that period were absolutely vital in keeping us up that season (as much and more than Waghorn's last day heroics). The bloke owes us nothing.

If he was a player signed for £100k not £10m the reaction to his comments would be totally different.

Plus it's hardly as if the message coming from the club / manager is that we're desperate for him to stay.

Edited by Kokosnuss

11 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

...and the fans could have worded their posts on the subject better so as not top appear so bitter and needlessly angry.

Or you could just accept that yours is a different opinion. I don't think folk are bitter or even especially angry. Just fed up with the same trite platitudes he an his agent trot out whenever it suits. If it doesn't bother you fair enough, but don't presume to tell others how to feel.

20 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I'm not saying that you're wrong either. It's just that we really don't know anything about his or any other player's situations (McGoldrick for example).

Of course and I've not pretended I am ITK on the matter either. For me the balance of evidence suggests he has no intention of returning and never did have, but if he comes back and does his job, you'll hear no complaints from me.

43 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

...and the fans could have worded their posts on the subject better so as not top appear so bitter and needlessly angry. As it is, most people complaining that he's dared to answer a question put forward to him by a journalist look like they're holding a weird grudge and blaming him for his injuries, blaming him for his transfer fee, wages and contract length etc.

There's only one person to blame for that and he's long since left the club, so I guess people have to take their frustrations out on the players who were signed for inflated fees (Waghorn got some of this attitude toward him too) because heaven forbid there to be nobody to vent at.

As ever, people want to hear the truth, some openness, communication, but if they don't like what they hear and go into attack mode.

It's not like Bielik got injured doing activities away from the club - he received his injuries playing for us, on the pitch. That we've paid him a wage and paid for his recovery is should be irrelevant to people's judgement - it's in the contract he was given. There's no evidence that he's demanding his next club match it, that he's holding up the process of getting rid of him.

The last injury especially, aided by the both covid and our lack of money, could be seen to have been indirectly contributed to by the woeful state of our pitch during lockdown, nevertheless the games he did manage to play in during that period were absolutely vital in keeping us up that season (as much and more than Waghorn's last day heroics). The bloke owes us nothing.

If he was a player signed for £100k not £10m the reaction to his comments would be totally different.

Plus it's hardly as if the message coming from the club / manager is that we're desperate for him to stay.

This….

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Or you could just accept that yours is a different opinion. I don't think folk are bitter or even especially angry.

I'd suggest calling him a leech and calling us (and his next club) his 'victims', and saying things such as "clear off and get off our wage bill"  is going beyond having an opinion,  those are the sort of the posts I was mainly referring to as being bitter and angry.

Edited by Kokosnuss

I suspect the only difference between Bielik’s and Derby’s position is it doesn’t make much sense for us to come out and tell everyone he’s available for transfer.

A great player but I doubt we’ve much interest in risking keeping hold of his wages when his knee might explode at any given moment. 

7 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I'd suggest calling him a leech and calling us (and his next club) his 'victims', and saying things such as "clear off and get off our wage bill"  is going beyond having an opinion,  those are the sort of the post I was mainly referring to as being bitter and angry.

Fair enough. Not seen anyone calling him a 'leech' so perhaps you could quote that post rather than one that says nothing of the sort? Also, stating he needs to be off our books sharpish is not the same thing as "clear off and get off our wage bill". Not even close.

On a separate note, I'd also be interested to understand why you feel the club is contractually obliged to pay wages and medical bills, but the player is not contractually obliged to play. Indeed I'd love to know why footballers are considered beyond the remit of employment law full stop. In any other career, a contract is typically binding. It's incongruous to hear folk whining about the demise of the beautiful game as a result of the greed of players and agents, whilst simultaneously giving them carte blanche to dump all over a legally binding contract. FWIW, labelling posters who don't agree with this stance bitter and angry and merely an excuse to vent isn't terribly helpful either and adds the square root of FA to the debate. 

Oh, um, my actual opinion.... I don't want him to come back. We both need a clean break (figuratively speaking!)

He's not, nor is he ever likely to be the same player who was so influential in that spell under Rooney, and if he did come back I think that would only highlight to us how much potential has been lost.

I'd rather keep the good memories than watch him potentially disappoint us, through our expectations being too high.

I doubt Warne would even want him back at the club if he's got even half an eye on a move away. Warne seems to want players that are prepared to roll their sleeves up and fight for the cause (don't we all). The extra wage budget would also come in handy too, i just hope Derby don't do some sort of deal with another club where we end up subsidising his wages just to facilitate a move away. 

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

After the season he’s had a Brum, lots of championship clubs will be interested in him. I remember that Watford were inf or him last summer too

What did he do there then? Every time I saw them on Sky he looked off the pace and playing safe passes.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't know, but is there any reason he shouldn't come out and say something like, he's a Derby player and after seeing our results last season he wants to come back and help us get promotion (even if he doesn't really mean it)?

Is there any reason he shouldn't come out and say that having seen the quality of the refereeing in league one last season and with Derby's failure to get promoted he'd rather play championship football next season?