Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

16 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Actually, in reality, I don’t think there was a real protest from our fans. 

Most, including myself, concluded we actually got off pretty lightly.

There certainly wasn’t the waves of protests like another midlands team who got docked points for being creative with the rules. 

Nah, you just reacted exactly like QPR, Leicester and Bournemouth did initially when they were being charged by the EFL i.e our owner's minted, we should sue them out of existence, it's so unfair blah-blah-blah.......

ForestFFPHypocrisy.thumb.jpg.fcb4e26f1b1ff368f976148dbaa2e7a6.jpg

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

Purposely broke the rules then cried about it, honestly wish they'd given them another 2 points for appealing.

Imagine if they'd won their tribunal case, but the EPL under pressure from other clubs had appealed on a technicality and won, leading to other clubs suing them and their owner putting them into administration.......yeah, I'm sure they'd have accepted that without protest.

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Imagine if they'd won their tribunal case, but the EPL under pressure from other clubs had appealed on a technicality and won, leading to other clubs suing them and their owner putting them into administration.......yeah, I'm sure they'd have accepted that without protest.

Might still happen 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

On 04/05/2024 at 02:01, Bris Vegas said:

The Premier League is the best league in the world, due to having the best managers and coaches   [......

........] But as soon as Klopp and Pep came over, the standard increased to a point where genuine top class managers like Conte, Ancelotti and Emery were happy to join lesser clubs.

On 04/05/2024 at 02:16, Grimbeard said:

A league having the 'best' players, managers and coaches, doesn't necessarily make it the best in the world. Genuine competition and excitment are also needed, two things that are conspicuously absent in the PL.

23 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Congratulations to Forest. The worst ever team to stay up.

I think we all said at the start of the season that none of the promoted clubs look capable of reaching 30 points.

The PL is in danger of not just having a permanent top 6-7, but also having a situation where promoted clubs can’t make a fist of it.

The so-called most exciting, competitive league in the world is in danger of being uncompetitive and predictable. 

Ahem.

8 hours ago, Chopper said:

A couple of Toton Reds fans I know would take 17th every season, seems a bit of a tragic existence (supporter wise) actively desiring your team lose in the cups at the first available opportunity in order to concentrate on the league, all whilst scraping your way to be 4th in the most Shhh...ockingly bad teams list.

Next season they'll be hoping Ipswich have gone too far too soon, and ironically Leicester get some deductions. They'll be begging Leeds to not win (agree there to be honest), as the other Premier teams have developed (see the points gap to 5th bottom) and unless there is something under the radar none seem so 'basketcasey' and likely to implode at any minute either.

Marinakis may have created a footballing Damocles, exposed to riches and glory, but with relegation and financial armageddon (apparently relegation clauses aren't a thing) hanging above their heads held away by the thinnest MGW shaped strand.

In the first couple of years in the prem survival is the only thing that matters, once you get into year 3 you get full benefits of a permanent financial advantage of teams in the championship & every promoted team going forward. 

I don’t blame Forest for throwing money at it it just shows the lunacy of the elitist financial system in football. At the end of the day it’s worked for them

So, like they targeted at the start of the season, have they qualified for the Champions League or Euro Cup yet? Surely the latter would be a disappointment after all the money spent?

Blowing hundreds of millions and surviving with lowest tally ever because the teams that came up were terrible, not really amazing is it. But at least they are there I guess, few years ago i'd have been more envious but every time the VAR logo flashes across after a goal I feel like the dream is dead more and more.

Looking forward to next season, are they still going to fall foul of ffp and are they likely to pick up another points deduction?

The 3 teams below them have been woeful this season, are Fester, Ipswich and the play off winners likely to be as bad? 

Even ignoring the 4 points deduction, they have finished well behind the rest of the Premier teams.

So turns out the council have offered the freehold to Forest for £10m, aka what they paid JLingz for one year, and all the talk of increased rent was a red herring to try and convince the fans they had no choice but to move.

Makes you glad we no longer have a hierarchy who take the piss with the information they give the fans 

49 minutes ago, nottingram said:

So turns out the council have offered the freehold to Forest for £10m, aka what they paid JLingz for one year, and all the talk of increased rent was a red herring to try and convince the fans they had no choice but to move.

Makes you glad we no longer have a hierarchy who take the piss with the information they give the fans 

In light of the ridiculous amount they have spent on players in the last two or three years this quote from their chairman is quite ironic.

£250 million over 250 years. 😂

IMG_0251.png

55 minutes ago, nottingram said:

There's more conspiracy theories out there.

Tom Cartledge, the now CEO at Forest, owns a company that was in charge of the planning/development at the shitty ground prior to being made CEO. There's a thinly veiled link at the sheer amount of money that he/his company would make at buying cheap HS2 land in Toton for a stadium, and the benefit that would give the Tories too.

34 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

In light of the ridiculous amount they have spent on players in the last two or three years this quote from their chairman is quite ironic.

£250 million over 250 years. 😂

IMG_0251.png

250 million rent over 250 years.  That sounds pretty cheap, especially as the world will have turned into a plastic strewn wasteland with radiation seering every particle in 50 years. only cockroaches copulating with family members and being used to thriving in such filth will be surviving by then .  Oh hold on a minute

29 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

250 million rent over 250 years.  That sounds pretty cheap, especially as the world will have turned into a plastic strewn wasteland with radiation seering every particle in 50 years. only cockroaches copulating with family members and being used to thriving in such filth will be surviving by then .  Oh hold on a minute

I take it you've been on a sightseeing tour around the meadows?

Posted (edited)
On 12/05/2024 at 08:26, G STAR RAM said:

Having spent £5m...

...as opposed to having spent £250,000,000 (two hundred and fifty million pounds) and finish 17th with a record lowest points to avoid relegation.

Finish 17th with the supposed lowest ever tally to survive

or finish 20th with the lowest points tally ever..

I know what I’d pick. 

Also, the PL has changed since the decades you were in it. This 40 points to survive malarkey isn’t needed anymore. 35 seems to be more than enough given the dominance of clubs like Arsenal, Pool and City. 

The top are gaining more, the bottom less. 

Edited by Red_Dawn

On 12/05/2024 at 08:40, BramcoteRam84 said:

Theyre following Leeds’ trajectory at the moment which means problems next season. I’m thinking back in championship next couple of seasons!!

You’ve all said this for 2 years and it hasn’t happened

why not relegated next season? Don’t sound particularly confident.. 

23 hours ago, Crewton said:

Nah, you just reacted exactly like QPR, Leicester and Bournemouth did initially when they were being charged by the EFL i.e our owner's minted, we should sue them out of existence, it's so unfair blah-blah-blah.......

ForestFFPHypocrisy.thumb.jpg.fcb4e26f1b1ff368f976148dbaa2e7a6.jpg

We didn’t hold a pity party March though 😂

and even now, on this forum there’s a complete reluctance to accept that Derbys situation was one of your (well, Morris’) own doing. It’s all the EFLs fault

We broke the rules and paid for it. Our fans generally seem to accept that 

17 hours ago, alram said:

In the first couple of years in the prem survival is the only thing that matters, once you get into year 3 you get full benefits of a permanent financial advantage of teams in the championship & every promoted team going forward. 

I don’t blame Forest for throwing money at it it just shows the lunacy of the elitist financial system in football. At the end of the day it’s worked for them

Again, showing you’re one of the sensible voices on here. 

4 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

We didn’t hold a pity party March though 😂

and even now, on this forum there’s a complete reluctance to accept that Derbys situation was one of your (well, Morris’) own doing. It’s all the EFLs fault

We broke the rules and paid for it. Our fans generally seem to accept that 

Do they? I know Twitter isn't the voice of reason, but the whole thing calls for conspiracy theory on every minute thing. If your idea of accepting it is just whataboutism with regards to every other rule breaker, than maybe.

Fundamentally, Forest vastly underperformed. They were, understandably, expecting midtable this season with the teams being promoted being so poor - and that's before it became obvious Burnley would be horrendous, because that was slightly more surprising than the other two. 

The owner removed his shield in sacking Cooper to get his yes man, things have barely improved if at all. Think you'd have achieved survival just the same with Cooper. Then between all the controversy, season ticket debacle and now stadium nonsense, the trust has been eroded back to where it was before he captured lightning in a bottle with the Cooper hiring.

Everyone wants to be in the top league, of course they do, but the Forest fans I know aren't under any illusion that the reality of knowing full well how much you're going to lose and when you finally get good players, you know they'll be gone quickly, isn't actually that much fun.