LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

Trying to work out how we attract someone who isnt north of 30…. I assume and hope we can fet some little gems out of league 2 or conference.

that said we dont have a scouting team and rosenior isnt exactly jim smith in terms of contacts in the game.

not moan, just thinking out allowed and wandering how we approach this 

6 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Davies , Forsyth and stearman- possibly today more like Monday 

barkhuizen, Chester and hourihane- Monday 

Mendez- Laing = on trial probably plays against Bradford 

Our average age is going to go from like 20 to 32 at this rate 

30 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I honestly think as time goes by we may become a bit disappointed and underwhelmed as the reality kicks in.

to summarise…. Weve just lost louis watson to luton… let that sink in.

a lad whos played at about 15 times still has a lot to learn has been drawn away from us cos he sees a greater opportunity and probably more money at luton town.

i hope like many have already said we dont end up filling the squad with aging journymen whos legs have gone. But then again perhaps thats all we can get atm.

we’re restricted with wages and so any semi decent young talent we have our eye on (eg watson) may be drawn to the champ if offered the chance.

Its going to be a real test for the club 

We need to stay patient, it’s not going to be easy 

6 minutes ago, alram said:

We need to stay patient, it’s not going to be easy 

Oh i agree, the accademy has been absolutely stripped bare. I mean in normal circumstance the likes of cashin, malcom, williams, plange, festy, thompson and co would still be buried in our accademy learning their trade. But due to last year they had to step up and make a name for themselves .. which was great however the reality is they we’re in the shop window due to our circumstances and now we’re left with reletively nothing. 

theres almost an entire level of the youth accademy thats been stripped away that needs replacing…which will take time

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh i agree, the accademy has been absolutely stripped bare. I mean in normal circumstance the likes of cashin, malcom, williams, plange, festy, thompson and co would still be buried in our accademy learning their trade. But due to last year they had to step up and make a name for themselves .. which was great however the reality is they we’re in the shop window due to our circumstances and now we’re left with reletively nothing. 

theres almost an entire level of the youth accademy thats been stripped away that needs replacing…which will take time

I never even thought about the academy rebuild.

although it backs my point that I feel we really need to get young players in, it’s no good rushing to a bunch of old players because we will be in the same position next year.

we need to invest the minimal money we will be allowed to in solid league one players that will be on low wages and have better years ahead of them. Hourihane, Chester and Mendes liang is making me wince.

Thankfully we’re under a business plan so we can’t sign loads on silly money. Clowes also seemed sensible and not the type to throw money at it. 

I think we’ve got a good core of young players: Cashin, Carlos, Thompson and a few others who were training with the first team last season. We’ll also have the more established younger players: Buchanan (lawyers permitting), Bird, Knight, Sibley. 

We have a fair few players for the future if we can hold on to most of the above listed. What we need for the league one battle is players for now. This is why I’m not worried about the ages of some of the players we are linked with. 

GK?/? 

Byrne/?
Davies*/ Stearman*/ Cashin/?/?  

Buchanan, Forsyth*

Bird/ ? 
Knight/ Thompson/ Sibley/ ?/ ? 

?/?/?/?/ 

CKR*/ Stretton/ ?

* 4 players to re sign. 
? 11 players to sign. 

A big big couple of weeks. Hopefully 2/3 loans * a couple of younger players out of contract from league 1 or 2 (we still have the pull of being derby) and then 5/6 more experienced pros looking for one last project rather than a retirement home. This would give the right mix needed for the now and the next few seasons. 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Thankfully we’re under a business plan so we can’t sign loads on silly money. Clowes also seemed sensible and not the type to throw money at it. 

I think we’ve got a good core of young players: Cashin, Carlos, Thompson and a few others who were training with the first team last season. We’ll also have the more established younger players: Buchanan (lawyers permitting), Bird, Knight, Sibley. 

We have a fair few players for the future if we can hold on to most of the above listed. What we need for the league one battle is players for now. This is why I’m not worried about the ages of some of the players we are linked with. 

GK?/? 

Byrne/?
Davies*/ Stearman*/ Cashin/?/?  

Buchanan, Forsyth*

Bird/ ? 
Knight/ Thompson/ Sibley/ ?/ ? 

?/?/?/?/ 

CKR*/ Stretton/ ?

* 4 players to re sign. 
? 11 players to sign. 

A big big couple of weeks. Hopefully 2/3 loans * a couple of younger players out of contract from league 1 or 2 (we still have the pull of being derby) and then 5/6 more experienced pros looking for one last project rather than a retirement home. This would give the right mix needed for the now and the next few seasons. 

I’d sell Byrne if someone offered okay money and try and get Odebajo in on a free. I’d sell Buchanan for the right money because it doesn’t feel like he ever bought into us like other players have. It’s a shame but Bielek is going to be on loan somewhere else as he’s already shown he’s the best player in this division when he was at Charlton. 
I like the sound of Barkhuizen, Hourihane and Chester to fill some of those roles we need filling - on the right money of course. 

12 minutes ago, alram said:

I never even thought about the academy rebuild.

although it backs my point that I feel we really need to get young players in, it’s no good rushing to a bunch of old players because we will be in the same position next year.

we need to invest the minimal money we will be allowed to in solid league one players that will be on low wages and have better years ahead of them. Hourihane, Chester and Mendes liang is making me wince.

Thinking about it.

weve literally been cut open and left to bleed by the efl , quantuma and mel.

Hemoraging young talent and any player of any ability. 

I think the reality os this season will be about sticking as many 30 plus year old plasters over that wound as possible to buy us time to start the proper healing process.

foundations need to be laid, the accademy needs recruitment and probably staff, the club needs staff, resources , experiance.

i think we write this season off and look for small step forward  but show david clowes that we are fully behind project “get derby county out of a and e” 

14 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Whats the big lad centre back we loaned in doing , former oldham i think may have gone to ipswich??

name escapes me. Is he on laon at ipswich or did they sign him.

he did ok… looked promising but raw and in need of game time

George Edmoundson? Signed for Ipswich 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Trying to work out how we attract someone who isnt north of 30…. I assume and hope we can fet some little gems out of league 2 or conference.

that said we dont have a scouting team and rosenior isnt exactly jim smith in terms of contacts in the game.

not moan, just thinking out allowed and wandering how we approach this 

Is the academy recruitment separate to the first team? If so, that’s probably how we attract some younger players. Yes Watson has moved on, and Ebiowei and Plange too. But it was our academy that plucked them from obscurity and gave them a chance, there will be a bunch of premier league academy cast offs who look at us and go “hmmm category 1 academy with a pathway to the first team and a record of young players doing well, I’m in”.

We had a striker from Chelsea and a right back from Spurs on trial in the academy a couple of months back I believe.

Also Rosenior had a decent career at championship and premier league level, he’s well regarded as a coach and while he may not have the celebrity pulling power of Rooney or Lampard I think he will have contacts in the game to use.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

24 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Is the academy recruitment separate to the first team? If so, that’s probably how we attract some younger players. Yes Watson has moved on, and Ebiowei and Plange too. But it was our academy that plucked them from obscurity and gave them a chance, there will be a bunch of premier league academy cast offs who look at us and go “hmmm category 1 academy with a pathway to the first team and a record of young players doing well, I’m in”.

We had a striker from Chelsea and a right back from Spurs on trial in the academy a couple of months back I believe.

Also Rosenior had a decent career at championship and premier league level, he’s well regarded as a coach and while he may not have the celebrity pulling power of Rooney or Lampard I think he will have contacts in the game to use.

Oh totally.

thats the big thing we should be looking at as an opportunity.

With both leicester and forest in the prem more than likely looking abroad and higher up the footballing tree (no pun intended) for players we have a massive selling point to any talented local footballer.

the v v real chance of football league football and a chance to air those talents in a first team envirmoment.

the accademy is cat 1 and already has an amazing reputation.. even in our situation as u say all those prem cast offs looking for that second chance should be climbing over each other to join us. We represent a dream opportunity in that respect 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Apparently we have a winger on trial from Nice who use to be at united when at united he was the fastest player there 

6 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Apparently we have a winger on trial from Nice who use to be at united when at united he was the fastest player there 

Deji satona? Left man utd to nice for first team football. Spent last season on loan at Brentford b team. Irish youth player. We love an Irish youth player.

People moaning about signing 33 year old Chester when the first signing they want is 37 year old Curtis Davies and were quite happy with 39 year old Phil Jaguelka? 

People moaning about 31 year old Conor Hourihane because he’s too old? 

Some people to wake up and smell the coffee. These would be great signings for any league one club. 

Just because we’re having to bring in frees with experience doesn’t mean we can’t sign some good young loanees