B4's Film Thread

B4ev6is

Well today I went go and see new batman film I think it was really really good very very well made plenty of action and I like because one goodie and one baddy. Not like many super hero films were it has far far to many in them now were I cant keep up with them and I think how do they come into it.

I would give the film 8.5 out of 10 well worth go and see.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well today I went go and see new batman film I think it was really really good very very well made plenty of action and I like because one goodie and one baddy. Not like many super hero films were it has far far to many in them now were I cant keep up with them and I think how do they come into it.

I would give the film 8.5 out of 10 well worth go and see.

Not to nit pick, but it has 3 main baddies, a femme fatale and a cameo baddie. I genuinely almost completely forgot about the riddler at one point.

i liked this because, like the best Batman movies, it’s not really a comic book movie (and don’t get me wrong, I love the MCU). But Batman is known as the worlds best detective, and this is a film noir (technically a neo noir), and you could’ve taken Batman out of this and dropped in Humphrey Bogart instead, and the effect would have been the same. He’s the private eye invited to give his take on a crime scene, he just happens to be wearing a cowl and cape. Heavy influences from Zodiac, or Blade Runner, and Se7en. 

Not what I was expecting, to be honest. But I’m pleasantly surprised. 

Edited by TigerTedd

6 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Been on the fence about going but I think I’ll give it a go mate… if you’re passionate enough about it then it’s good enough for me ? 

I was going to wait til it was on tele. I wasn’t that fussed about it. How many times can you reboot one character. But my wife and I had the Friday off, so thought, why not? And I was pleased I saw it in the cinema. 

Mark Kermode had a good quote that it’s filmed a style that’s like you’re watching everything through a read view mirror, in the rain, in the dark. Which is about right. You’re waiting for everything to come into focus, which makes it feel very real and absorbing. 

Saw this in Ireland, while visiting this week.

On the plus side , it was only 7 euro for the afternoon screening. (Rises to ten for the evening) A lot cheaper than seeing in my local cinema.

Enjoyed it enough I guess. Though it is at least 45 minutes too long, and way too dark. Anyone planning on watching this at home is going to need a decent OLED or high end LCD screen.

Hey guys just seen another film at my work place this time called

The dog

It is about the armed forces that dog handler was killed in action and left the poor dog heart broken and angry at everyone and everything but ex shoulder was made to leave to I'll health and mental illness. He was made go and take the dog to funeral to say his good byes he had to travel 1500 miles across the states but he was under orders to have the dog put to sleep but he broke orders and went back to get her drove into the sun 

Really really really good film

10 out of 10.

Must go and see.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys just seen another film at my work place this time called

The dog

It is about the armed forces that dog handler was killed in action and left the poor dog heart broken and angry at everyone and everything but ex shoulder was made to leave to I'll health and mental illness. He was made go and take the dog to funeral to say his good byes he had to travel 1500 miles across the states but he was under orders to have the dog put to sleep but he broke orders and went back to get her drove into the sun 

Really really really good film

10 out of 10.

Must go and see.

Spoiler alert!!!