B4's Film Thread

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I’ve got a few mates with arm that long

This is the making of, but the actual clip in the show is hilarious. Those little arms weren’t useless. 

and if you’re wondering what this has to do with the thread, Jurassic park would be 1000 times better if included dino mating rituals. 

20 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I was watching prehistoric planet on Apple TV last week. It’s crazy to see how different the dinosaurs are in Jurassic park compared to how we now think they actually looked.

they explain it away in Jurassic park by saying the dna wasn’t perfect, and they had to fill bits in. And I just assumed we didn’t know they were covered in feathers back then. But it turns out we did know that, and the filmmakers just decided to make them look more dinosaury and thought people wouldn’t be as scared of them if they just looked like big ostriches. 

And velociraptors are actually the size of turkeys. Micheal chrichton actually based them on a different dinosaur, but it had a stupid name, so he just thought velociraptor sounded cooler. 

crazy to think that a whole generation of kids have grown up thinking the Jurassic park version of dinosaurs is scientifically accurate (I know I did). 

oh, and if you ever do bump into a t-Rex, and think that standing still will save you, you’ll be sorely disappointed. But not for long. 

I recently watched this too. I really enjoyed it, but was sceptical about many things until I watched the making ofs as well. Really well made and even more surprising.