The Ukraine War

Day

On 04/04/2022 at 11:01, Anon said:

Also people=people is an utterly worthless platitude. In emergency situations women and children are usually prioritised for obvious reasons. They are less likely to be able to look after and provide for themselves.

It's very little to do with that. So it's not that obvious. At least not to you.

They're not implanting the Birkenhead Drill that came from a sense of moral obligation because women and children were thought to be weaker (even though, all things being equal, teenage girls are the most likely to survive in everything from a car accident to a gas chamber). 

This is more about rebuilding a country.

With people.

Looks like Russia lost one of its prised missile ships over night.

Apparently a fire broke out inside the munitions area, every sailor evacuated.

Nothing to do with two Ukrainian built Neptune missiles crashing into the side of it?

Report of a Ukrainian drone distracting the ships complex early warning systems by shouting “ you who! I’m over here!” are unconfirmed.

14 hours ago, Boycie said:

Nothing to do with two Ukrainian built Neptune missiles crashing into the side of it?

Report of a Ukrainian drone distracting the ships complex early warning systems by shouting “ you who! I’m over here!” are unconfirmed.

Both stories may be unlikely.  The Neptun missile is slow, the crew would have had time to defend the ship from them.  The ammunition storage is separate for each type of ammo and is in armored compartments, it is unlikely that ammo exploding would sink the ship.  If we discount these two stories, we are left with two other choices, internal sabotage or divers, perhaps from a NATO country planting explosives on the hull.

i doubt the true story will ever come out publicly, but if it's that second option, Russia will retaliate in some way that will probably not make the world news either.

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

I've seen a few Neptune missiles crashing into the side of things in the past..............

54 minutes ago, ramit said:

Both stories may be unlikely.  The Neptun missile is slow, the crew would have had time to defend the ship from them.  The ammunition storage is separate for each type of ammo and is in armored compartments, it is unlikely that ammo exploding would sink the ship.  If we discount these two stories, we are left with two other choices, internal sabotage or divers, perhaps from a NATO country planting explosives on the hull.

i doubt the true story will ever come out publicly, but if it's that second option, Russia will retaliate in some way that will probably not make the world news either.

560mph is faster than my pickup goes to the burger van mate.

1 hour ago, ramit said:

It’s been attacked

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

Has now sunk apparently.

3 hours ago, ramit said:

Out of interest, why are you suggesting divers from a NATO country? If explosives had been placed by divers surely they would have been Ukraine divers. I’m sure they have divers capable of such an act and using NATO divers would have been an enormous risk given the consequences had they been caught.

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Out of interest, why are you suggesting divers from a NATO country? If explosives had been placed by divers surely they would have been Ukraine divers. I’m sure they have divers capable of such an act and using NATO divers would have been an enormous risk given the consequences had they been caught.

I’m thinking it’s those extreme right wing Ukrainian mermaids, they have a vast array of naval mines down in the depths of the Black Sea!

They will now need to be de extreme right wingy-fied………if you catch my drift.

10 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It is just something i read from a knowledgeable and formerly credible source on Russian military matters, but now i am reading that the ship did not sink, that it really was an explosion of ammo.

In other words

Edited by ramit
typo

15 hours ago, ramit said:

Apparently the missile defence systems were a bit old and not fit for purpose,  I don’t think they’ll sail anything too near the coast again, it’s quite a coop for the Ukrainian built Neptune, it’s only been in service a few years and it’s first hit was a big one.  Biggest ship sunk since our navy sank the Belgrano.  Biggest ship sunk by missile.

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Just nipping back for some more missiles to kill civilians apparently?

Or to airdrop food parcels, gifts and medical supplies if you are a viewer of Russia-1 and Channel One, or pro-Russian.

It’s all baalocks ain’t it.

How long do we give it before @uttoxram75or @GboroRamdelete my Maggie picture?

Edited by i-Ram

30 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Apparently the missile defence systems were a bit old and not fit for purpose,  I don’t think they’ll sail anything too near the coast again, it’s quite a coop for the Ukrainian built Neptune, it’s only been in service a few years and it’s first hit was a big one.  Biggest ship sunk since our navy sank the Belgrano.  Biggest ship sunk by missile.

image.thumb.png.f45fd552dc8748f07fa2db37fef61968.png

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

The ships sunk being towed back to port.

Glory to Ukraine!

I didn’t sink it was promoted to submarine (via Russian media 15/4/22)

Edited by TexasRam