Derby V Leicester Play off Final 1994

I remember coming across a bunch of foxes fans at Fleet services along the M3 on the way back to South Hampshire.... ?

Grim day. Nerves shredded as it stayed at 1-1 as time wore on. The young lady next to me on those horrid little plastic seats without backs shared her fags and I smoked for the first and last time in years..... ?

I dunno, the tv in our student house (which was my mum and dad’s old set) only have four buttons.  You know, the ones you turned to tune it in to each station, that went “clunk” when you pressed them.  Sky wasn’t something on my radar then, although i can remember that I was upset that I couldn’t watch the Simpsons…

36 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Itv i think, on bank holiday monday, but i may be wrong.

57 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Was this on sky or normal tv? Trying to remember where I watched it. Bad day.

Yes, ITV on Bank Holiday Monday - hosted by the ridiculous Mathew Lorenzo. First time we'd had a match shown live on national telly since late 80s I believe. Watched it at home as a 15 year old & was gutted - hated Leicester ever since. 

Seem to remember a lot of needle between the clubs in the 90s. We nicked Kitson off them in 1992 during Pickering's spending spree, then the playoff final, then we went up together in 1996 - some big games back end of the 90s as we were both finishing top half of the Prem, the infamous game where Savage dived to win a penalty & Craig Burley tried to strangle him (may have been 2000/1 that one)

I remember walking back thru the Wembley car park after the game and some Foxes fans said "what are we going to do Bank Holday Monday next year"? As much as I hated losing that day, that was their third final on the trot having lost the previous two, part of me couldnt begrudge them their day at last

36 minutes ago, ScamRam said:

I remember walking back thru the Wembley car park after the game and some Foxes fans said "what are we going to do Bank Holday Monday next year"? As much as I hated losing that day, that was their third final on the trot having lost the previous two, part of me couldnt begrudge them their day at last

Nah. Stuff 'em.

Edited by IslandExile

My recollections of the Leicester play off.

Paul Williams was paralysed by a ray gun from outer space for one goal and their other goal would have been ruled out and a red card issued by VAR

Got back to a multi-storey car park near Wembley and witnessed 10 or 12 Leicester fans getting kicked to duck by a rabid bunch of Derby fans. My mate and I had 11 and 12 year old lads with us and they saw a bit of nasty violence that day.

Following day, me and the lad were at Alton Towers wearing Derby shirts, a family of Leicester fans came over to us and were very decent, saying that Derby were the better team but they had the luck on the day.

It was a painful feeling losing to them as we were a far better team, same as QPR, but we were probably a tad lucky to beat West Brom even though we finished 8 points above them!

Edited by uttoxram75
spelling.

Painful memories of this day, I was a teenager and went with a group of fans in convey. Just remember the Harkes miss to this day and that 1st Leicester goal /assault in the goal at the Derby end. 

And yes every bridge in Leicestershire..... 

If anyone wants to live through it again, all two hours of the whole programme are still on YouTube! 

12 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Actually I am not totally sure, thinking of the WBA game….

I'm not sure whether it was on Sky or not, but I'm pretty certain it was on terrestrial TV too.  I watched it at home (and didn't have Sky) with a group of friends who were either Derby fans or were supporting Derby for just that match, whilst another Leicester fan friend watched it at his house with another group of friends, and we all met up afterwards in a pub.