Omari Kellyman

Sparkle

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

And you think we should use a 16 year old who doesn’t want to leave and just about to start his revision for his GCSEs. 

If we was short we should have been selling a first team player for more than £30k. 

What? Huh?

The local kid didn't want to leave. He wanted to play for us. Rooney didn't want to sell him.

On 03/02/2022 at 20:36, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

If we was short we should have been selling a first team player for more than £30k. 

I assume the reason we sold Shinnie for such a low figure was to settle any remaining debts we had with Wigan when we poached their best players.

• 3 weeks later...

Kellyman was waiting for Premier League approval to make sure there wasn't any underhand dealings between Villa and the player/parents. He couldn't train or play for Villa until this approval was given. 

This was given at the beginning of this week and I believe he trained with them for the first time earlier this week.

So yes, he is now officially a Villa player unfortunately. 

On 26/02/2022 at 09:52, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Kellyman was waiting for Premier League approval to make sure there wasn't any underhand dealings between Villa and the player/parents. He couldn't train or play for Villa until this approval was given. 

This was given at the beginning of this week and I believe he trained with them for the first time earlier this week.

So yes, he is now officially a Villa player unfortunately. 

Given what Baggies fans say about Villa's poaching of their talented youngsters, I'd say that's a fair suspicion to hold.

55 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Given what Baggies fans say about Villa's poaching of their talented youngsters, I'd say that's a fair suspicion to hold.

It's getting crazy for the bigger clubs poaching players younger and younger. 

My mate was saying that when our 13s played Reading in the cup a few weeks ago there was 12 scouts watching. 

8 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

It's getting crazy for the bigger clubs poaching players younger and younger. 

My mate was saying that when our 13s played Reading in the cup a few weeks ago there was 12 scouts watching. 

That’s not unusual and it’s certainly not exclusive to Derby County.

The scouts from all clubs not just the elite are always in attendance at most games at most age groups.

Of course the elite are looking for the 1%…..that every club has….what they will call a “Rolls Royce” in each age group but the other clubs will also have an eye on who may be getting released so they get in early to pick up the pieces. Remember every club are only really catering for 3/4 players in each age group….the rest (barring the 1/2 identified as late developers) are facilitating their development by making up the numbers for a team….

When I worked at a Cat 1 academy we were advised to try and not use audible names during games to give the scouts as hard a time as possible identifying players. 

Sounds like the young lad was well and truly pushed out to “save” the club.

Hopefully we got a decent fee for him and he does well with his future career. Who knows, perhaps he’ll be a star and yearn to come home to derby and help us win the premier league in a few years.

We have to hope.

• 4 weeks later...